Deluxe Half Day Tour of Dc with Reserved Us Capitol Entry
Getting into the Capitol is not very easy, and you must have your entry set up with a tour group. The tour you schedule here gives you entry to the Capitol, and it allows you a tour for half a day around the city before entering. You could take this tour with your kids to learn some history, and you have the rest of the day to explore on your own.
The tour starts in the heart of the city where you can see everything clearly, and you are walked by many points of interest that are in view of the Capitol. You are winding your way to the Capitol, and you are given many chances to take pictures. Ask the tour guide questions, and take note of places you want to visit when the tour is over.
The tour continues with a trip inside the Capitol, and you are given a very quiet tour through the halls of this place. You can see how the offices are set up, and you will notice where the chambers sit. You might not have known the layout of the building, but you can see it plainly as you walk around.
The tour gives you a special look at the Capitol that you would not get anywhere else. You must order your tickets online early because they almost always sell out.
Coming to DC should be an entertaining and educational experience. You are shown the city in all its glory, and you are walked into a building that shows you how the government is run.
Begin your tour by meeting your tour guide and fellow tour members at the Neptune Fountain, located outside the Library of Congress. Cross the street to enjoy exclusive reserved entry into the US Capitol Building, skipping the long lines and hassle. After security check, enter the headquarters of America's legislative branch of government and enjoy a 15-minute orientation film. Learn about the foundation of the United States Congress, then proceed to a historic guided walk-through of the Crypt, Rotunda, and National Statuary Hall. You'll even have time to stop by the visitor's center at the conclusion of your tour.
After time in the Capitol, meet your tour guide and hop aboard a comfortable, enclosed, temperature-controlled shuttle for a memorable journey through the National Mall. Along the way, stop and view the White House from the North Lawn, and see the World War II Memorial, Martin Luther King Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, Korean War Memorial, and Vietnam Memorial. Learn the history and significance of each landmark and take some time for memorable photos of your visit. Your 5-hour tour concludes at the US Navy Memorial.
Pickup & Return:
Neptune Fountain in front of the Library of Congress.
US Navy Memorial.
Departure Times: 8:30am prompt
- Entrance fees
- Exclusive skip-the-line entry to the US Capitol
- Bottled water
Does not include:
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Involves a moderate amount of walking
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels are welcome as long as someone accompanying the passenger using it can assist them board and disembark
- Entrance to the US Capitol Building requires a security scan/check similar to TSA.
- Please let us know if you or anyone in your party has titanium body parts so that we can alert Capitol Police prior to entering security screening.
- Capitol Hill parking is very limited. Taking a taxi/car service or public transportation to the start of the tour is advised
- Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to tour departure for check in and security