2.5-HOUR U.S. Capitol Building and Capitol Hill Walking Tour
The 2.5-hour U.S. Capitol Building and Capitol Hill Walking Tour adds the perfect notation to your family history. Each visitor will begin their day at the famous Union Station which will lead to a tour around Capital Hill. The best part to visitors are touring the monuments and seeing artifacts of the US history. The guests will love the portraits captured at the exhibits and can be kept as a family heirloom.
The tour includes seeing the visitor areas in Capital Hill. They will also be able to witness where Congress made their decisions. The president during certain times in US history will be discussed during the tour. The most remarkable finding in this 2.5 hour tour is that you pick the day, and the tour guide will be waiting for you. As a guest, it is suggested that you have on comfortable attire made for walking. This activity does require a lot of that. Guests need to be prepared to move around to see all the tour guide will take them too.
This is definitely an activity that children will enjoy. It is a family bonding activity that should be treasured. The most amazing landmarks will be the Supreme Court building. Guests will see where the Constitution is kept and hear about all who signed the paperwork. There is plenty of art to see on display. Guests have areas where they can take pictures to keep for themselves.
This attraction is known for the Library of Congress building. It holds the records of the history of America. Food and drinks will not be permitted in this exhibit, but you you are welcome to dine afterwards. The policy is in place to protect the historic buildings as much as possible.
This tour is one of the most valuable accounts in America's history. The fact remains that the building on Capital Hill still is used for all laws to be talked about and in fact, the Constitution is reviewed to make sure that all are treated equal. The tour is not beyond 2.5 hours. It can be an afternoon event for your friends and family to love.
Capitol Hill is one of the most storied and beautiful neighborhoods in Washington, DC. Begin your tour at the most visited site in the whole city, Union Station. From there, you'll take in all the monuments and memorials around Capitol Hill. You'll ascend Capitol Hill, visit the Supreme Court, and then walk inside the stunning Library of Congress Jefferson Building, which boasts some of the most beautiful architecture in the city.
Later, you'll stroll across the street and visit the United States Capitol Visitor Center. With your tour, you'll get reserved access to the Capitol Building as well as a docent-led tour of the Capitol. Reserved Access can help you save hours in waiting time and will get your right in to the Capitol Building immediately after your neighborhood tour ends.
Pickup & Return:
The tour will conclude at the Capitol Visitors Center with a timed entry for a docent let tour. There will be time before your Capitol Building Tour for a restroom break and for your guide to answer any questions before turning you over to the Capitol docent, who will lead your tour from there.
Departure Times: 9am
- Admission ticket
- Professional guide
- Docent-led tour of the U.S. Capitol Building
- Interior tour of the Library of Congress (Jefferson Building)
- Capitol Hill neighborhood walking tour
- Small-group tour
Does not include:
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to security restrictions at the US Capitol Building, the following items are not permitted: knives or weapons of any kind; food or drink of any kind; and aerosols (including aerosol sunscreen). Please do not bring any of these items with you as security may force you to dispose of them
- A maximum of 8 people per tour
- Please plan to arrive at the meeting point 15-20 minutes before the start of the tour. Because of the scheduled entry at the US Capitol Building, late arrivals cannot be accommodated
- Please wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately for the weather. You are outside for most of the tour, so light dressing on warm days as well as a jacket for cooler days is recommended
- All tours run rain or shine