Southern Black Hills Parks and Monuments Tour - Mt Rushmore and More!
The magnificent Mount Rushmore National Memorial starts your tour, see the famous faces! Our guide will prepare you for entry with some historic facts about the monument's creation before seeing it for yourselves! Enjoy the museum, gift and sweet shops, even try Thomas Jefferson's famous ice cream.
Next stop is Crazy Horse Memorial, to be the worlds largest manmade monument! Learn about the Native American History and the phenomenal carving of this towering monument.
Leaving Crazy Horse, we continue our scenic drive into Custer State Park to see Sylvan Lake, drive scenic Needles Highway and enjoy a picnic lunch. Onwards to the wildlife loop to see its famous inhabitants; North American bison, deer, pronghorn, prairie dogs, elk, burros and a variety of birds are all commonly spotted!
Our journey home takes us through Iron Mountain Road, famous for its "pigtail" bridges and numerous rock tunnels blasted to frame Mount Rushmore as we drive through them!
We finish the day at about 4:30pm with return to your accommodation. Lunch Included, as well as all park and monument entrance fees.
Pickup & Return:
Either your accommodation or our centrally located Rapid City pick up point.
Departure Times: About 8:30am
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Small-group tour
Does not include:
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel Pick up and drop off IF OUTSIDE OF RAPID CITY/KEYSTONE
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required in most cases. An already running tour may be able to accommodate one additional passenger.
- A small amount of walking is involved