Mt Rushmore Lighting Ceremony Tour
Schedule By Date:
The program starts promptly at 9:00pm with an informative presentation from a national park ranger, followed by an inspirational film about the carving of Mt Rushmore and the people who created this amazing sculpture. Following the film, there is a tribute to military veterans attending the presentation. The program concludes with the National Anthem and the lighting of the mountain.
At approximately 9:45pm, you will depart Mt Rushmore for a short 10 minute drive to Keystone, where you will have an opportunity to browse the unique shops and sweets stores or make a stop at the Red Garter Saloon for some adult refreshments and a little live entertainment from local performers. The tour departs from Keystone at 11:15pm for a 30 minute return to Rapid City, where you will be dropped off at your home, hotel, or campground at between 11:45pm and 12:15AM.
The weather at Mt Rushmore can sometimes be unpredictable, so an umbrella and a light jacket is recommended.
Pickup & Return:
Rapid City, SD.
Departure Times: 8pm
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Light refreshments
Does not include:
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please call to request your pick-up location, within the city limits of Rapid City
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This is not a full history tour, it is only for the ceremony. Please refer to the Mt Rushmore Day Tour for access to the full history tour.