Custer State Park Safari Jeep Small-Group Tour
Climb into our Safari Jeep and sit back as your guide directs you on a 7-hour adventure you'll never forget. This Safari Jeep is designed for safety and comfort. It includes a maximized heavy duty roll bar, over-sized 2' tubular cage in the back and sides and an upgraded suspension. It is Buffalo Proof! This is a great addition to any vacation!
We offer free pickup from your Rapid City hotel (9:00am) or Keystone hotel (9:25am). Tours depart from the National Presidential Wax Museum in Keystone @ 9:30am.
- After arriving at the Presidential Wax Museum you may visit the gift shop while the operator prepares your tour.
- We drive to Iron Mountain Road (stopping for photos of bridges and one-way tunnels).
- Then we tour the State Game Lodge (Presidential Summer White House 1927) and the Custer Park Information Center.
- The 19-mile safari tour along the Wildlife Loop is next; where open grasslands, pine-speckled hills, 1,000+ buffalo and hundreds of other wildlife can be viewed.
- We ascend to the top of Mt. Coolidge; from here you can look down at the Wildlife Loop and in the distance see Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, the Needles, and the city of Custer.
- Stopping for a picnic lunch beside the beautiful Stockade Lake
- Continuing to Needles Highway with stops for photos at several turnouts along the route. There's no need to exit the vehicle as you can simply stand for great 360 degree views and photo ops.
- We stop for a break at the magnificent Sylvan Lake (It averages 3-4 lakeside weddings a week). You will have the opportunity to take a short walk around the Lake on the 1.1-mile trail, which offers breathtaking views.
- Before returning home, you will have a choice of a complimentary cup of Keystone Dark Canyon Coffee or a glass of Hill City's Prairie Berry Wine, giving you something to sip on as we return you to your original departure point.
- What is included in the admission price?
The price includes hotel pick up/drop off, transportation, a tour around Custer State Park, admission into the State Game Lodge and Custer State Park Information Center, lunch, and a complimentary drink.
- What methods of transportation does the Custer State Park Safari Jeep Small-Group Tour use?
The tour uses a Safari Jeep.
- Is there any walking involved?
Yes, there is minimal walking.
- Approximately how long does the Custer State Park Safari Jeep Small-Group Tour last?
It lasts about 6-7 hours.
- For what ages is the tour appropriate?
It is appropriate for all ages.
- What type of dress & footwear are recommended?
Wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes. Dress appropriately as the tour operates in all weather conditions.
- Where does the Custer State Park Safari Jeep Small-Group Tour depart from?
Hotel pick up and drop off is included for Rapid City and Keystone. Or, meet at The National Presidential Wax Museum.
- Is photography / video recording allowed on the Custer State Park Safari Jeep Small-Group Tour?
Of course! Don't forget your camera.
- Are any meals included?
Lunch is included.