Custer State Park Buffalo Safari Tour
Schedule By Date:
· We drive to Iron Mountain Road (stopping for photos of bridges and one-way tunnels).
· Then we tour the State Game Lodge (Presidential Summer White House 1927) and the Custer Park Information Center.
· The 19-mile safari tour along the Wildlife Loop is next; where open grasslands, pine-speckled hills, 1,300 buffalo and hundreds of other wildlife can be viewed (including the cute little Prairie Dogs).
· Along the way we stop to pet and feed the famous Begging Burros . . . always fun for any age and great photo ops.
· We ascend to the top of Mt. Coolidge; from here you can look down at the Wildlife Loop and in the distance see Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, the Needles, and the city of Custer.
· Stopping for a picnic lunch beside the beautiful Stockade Lake and then . . .
· Continuing to Needles Highway with stops for photos at several turnouts along the route. There's no need to exit the vehicle as you can simply stand for great 360 degree views and photo ops.
· We stop for a break at the magnificent Sylvan Lake.
· Tour includes: fees, bottled water, snacks, picnic lunch and beer/wine for 21+ guests (On Request).
· And snacks for feeding the Begging Burros.
Pickup & Return:
Pickup from your Rapid City or Keystone hotels
Tour departs from Keystone National Presidential Wax Museum.
Returns to original departure point.
Departure Times: April & October
10:00am Rapid City
May thru September
9am Rapid City
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Bottled water
- Pickup and drop-off for hotels in Rapid City and Keystone
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Alcoholic Beverages
Does not include:
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 Adults per booking is required
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Layered clothing, comfortable shoes, and a hat are recommended
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Other rates apply only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers