Buffalo Safari Van - Small Group Tour
Climb into 'Moby' our specially modified Buffalo Safari Van . . . then sit back as your guide takes you on an adventure you'll never forget.
Moby . . . once an over-sized high capacity van has been redone to provide comfortable and spacious seating with exceptional viewing. Although not guaranteed . . . when the Buffalo are on the Wildlife Loop Road . . . we drive within feet of them . . . you just stand and safely view and photo these woolly giants . . . (no touching).
And Moby provides all-weather touring . . . the solid top has been replaced with see through Lexan panels and it has roll up vinyl side windows. So it's always a great view . . . fair weather, rain or snow . . .
We offer free pickup from your Rapid City hotel or Keystone hotel.
- We drive to Iron Mountain Road (stopping for photos of bridges and one-way tunnels).
- Then we tour the State Game Lodge (Presidential Summer White House 1927) and the Custer Park Information Center.
- The 19-mile safari tour along the Wildlife Loop is next; where open grasslands, pine-speckled hills, 1,000+ buffalo and hundreds of other wildlife can be viewed.
- We ascend to the top of Mt. Coolidge; from here you can look down at the Wildlife Loop and in the distance see Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, the Needles, and the city of Custer.
- Stopping for a picnic lunch beside the beautiful Stockade Lake and then . . .
- Continuing to Needles Highway with stops for photos at several turnouts along the route. There's no need to exit the vehicle as you can simply stand for great 360 degree views and photo ops.
- Before returning, we stop for a break at the magnificent Sylvan Lake (It averages 3-4 lakeside weddings a week). You will have the opportunity to take a short walk around the Lake on the 1.1-mile trail . . . breathtaking views.
Pickup & Return:
Pickup from your Rapid City or Keystone hotel.
Returns to original departure point.
Departure Times: 9am Rapid City
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Small-group tour
- Bottled Water
- Pickup and drop-off for hotels in Rapid City and Keystone
Does not include:
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 Adults per booking is required
- A maximum of 12 people per booking
- Layered clothing, comfortable shoes, and a hat are recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Other rates apply only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Minimum age is 2 years