Family Vacation Ideas, Hotels, and Attractions in Dallas - Ft. Worth, Texas
The Dallas / Fort Worth area is an idealistic locale for family vacations. Combining big-city excitement with small-town charm is what makes this area so special. Whether you are observing a rodeo, square dancing, or educating yourself about the brilliant wildlife discovered at the zoo, your family is sure to recall every moment of this special trip.
FAMILY-ORIENTED LODGING IN DALLAS - FORT WORTH
- Best Western Market Center. The Best Western Market Center is perfectly located in Dallas and is the perfect choice for families traveling in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. The kids will love the outdoor pool and parents will appreciate the tea and coffee making facilities. Room service is available, which is convenient for families with small children who are not in the mood for restaurants. Children 17 and under stay free.
- Quality Inn and Suites — Grand Prairie, Texas. If your family is staying in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, consider staying at the Quality Inn and Suites located in Grand Prairie, Texas. The hotel maintains multi-room suites that provide the privacy families need. Kids will enjoy the swimming pool and cable television and parents will appreciate the complimentary newspaper and continental breakfast.
- Comfort Inn. If your family is looking for economical accommodations, Comfort Inn has numerous locations in the area and presents comfortable rooms at affordable rates. There are Comfort Inn locations in Dallas, Grand Prairie, Mesquite, Richardson, Irving, and Bedford. Hotel amenities range, but many include a pool for the kids to enjoy and complimentary continental breakfast.
FAMILY-FRIENDLY ATTRACTIONS IN DALLAS - FORT WORTH
- Dallas World Aquarium. Located on Griffin Street in Dallas, this aquarium is a great place to add to your itinerary. The aquarium is home to exotic plants and aquatic creatures. The whole family will enjoy walking through the water tunnel and observing penguins, stingrays and other amazing animals.
- Dallas Zoo. When perusing the Dallas area with your family, you have to stop by the award-winning Dallas zoo — home to the Kratt brothers of the popular kid's show Zaboomafu. Located on 95 developed acres, the Dallas Zoo is the oldest zoo in the State of Texas. Your family will enjoy observing a handful of animals, like lemurs, tigers, gorillas, okapis, and much, much more.
- Fossil Rim Wildlife Center. Located in Fort Worth, this center plays sanctuary to a number of animals. You and your family can take a self-guided tour and see over 32 species of animals including giraffes, zebras, cheetahs and more.
- National Scouting Museum. This museum, located on Walnut Hill Lane in Irving, is a tribute to the Boy Scouts of America. The museum features Normal Rockwell art, hands-on interactive workshops and virtual reality adventures.
- National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame. Do you have a pint-sized cowgirl in your family? Make sure you stop by the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame to learn from exhibitions that honor the women that shaped the American West.
- Medieval Times Dallas: This iconic attraction/restaurant will take you back in time to a thrilling Knights match.