Half-Day Guided Best of Fort Worth Historical Tour
The half-day guided tour of Fort Worth is a lot of fun because you are walked through the most historic sections of the city. The city is just next to Dallas, but it has its own history and tradition. The tour has a guide who knows the place very well, and they will point out some places that are fun to go to after the tour ends.
You need to know how the city came to be what it is, and they point out the places that have the most history. You could stop at these places and tour them, and that is why people come on this tour. You get to duck into some buildings that are historic, and you are shown how this city has grown over time.
There are many people who have never been to Fort Worth even though they have been to Dallas a thousand times, and you must get the tour for your family. This is the fastest way to learn about the city, and it provides you with someone who knows this area inside out. You must plan to have the tour for your family so that you can spend half a day really learning the area.
Get your tickets online because they are not that expensive, and you must use the tour as a way to get your family out of the hotel and into a plan for that day. Ask if there are spots for everyone, and come out when you are ready.
The best part of the tour is that you will see the change of city from historic to modern. There are many people who will hang out with the tour guide, get to know the city, and pick some places to go when the tour is over.
After you are picked up from your Dallas-area hotel via an air-conditioned minivan, you and your small group will depart from Platinum Park to begin your 4-hour tour with a historian as your guide.
Reaching back into the past, when cowboys would stop at Fort Worth's 'Hell's Half Acre' to rest and relax, glimpse this experience when you visit the Cattle Drive Visitor's Center, which will lead to:
- The Stockyard Station with many shops, restaurants, horseback riding, a vintage steam engine and much more
- The Horse and Mule Barn/Livery turned into the Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame
- The Cowtown Coliseum — built in 1908 and housing the first indoor rodeo 10 years later
- The Live Stock Exchange, the heart of the old livestock business
This 125-acre venue is one of the most popular stops in Fort Worth and is home to the world's only cattle drive. You may not drive cattle, but you can still have a great time during this historic walking experience.
At the end of the tour, your driver will drop you off at your hotel.
Pickup & Return:
This tour offers complimentary pick-up from a Downtown, Uptown, and Market Center, please call to verify. For hotels outside of pick-up area, fees may apply. If you do not wish to be picked up, the meeting point is Platinum Parking.
Returns to original departure point.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
- Professional historian guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off (most Dallas hotels, please call to confirm)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Does not include:
- The listed price does not include a parking fee, payable at the time of tour check-in.
- The parking cost $ 4-7
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Included hotel pick up from: Down Town, Up Town, Market Center
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 1 years
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Maximum is 11 people per booking