Grand Canyon Smooth Water Bus Trip
This smooth water rafting adventure if perfect for exploring the Grand Canyon at a somewhat slower pace and floating peacefully down the Colorado River. You'll get on a motorcoach at the Grand Canyon Airlines airport terminal or Maswick Lodge in the Grand Canyon National Park and head around the East Rim through the Navajo Nation and the Painted Desert to your starting point in Page, Arizona. The 22 passenger motorized raft you'll be riding on leaves off at the base of the Glen Canyon Dam for a 15.5 mile float. As you make your way across down the river through Glen Canyon, your expert guide will give you many facts and interesting stories about the history of the area.
You'll have a break from the water as a picnic lunch is set for you on the bank of the river, giving you something to munch on. After that you'll take a short hike to check out ancient petroglyphs which your tour guide will interpret. You'll float the rest of the river after finishing lunch, then head back to the Grand Canyon on the motorcoach. The trip from the Grand Canyon to Page, AZ is about three hours, making the round-trip close to six hours. Your time spent rafting and touring will be about six hours as well, so the total trip time is a little over twelve hours. Make sure you don't miss this amazing opportunity to discover the Grand Canyon in a unique way!
- Pick-Up by Motorcoach from the Grand Canyon Airlines terminal, or Maswick Lodge in the National Park
- Motorcoach Ride Through the East Rim and the Navajo Nation to Glen Canyon Dam
- Float Trip Down the Colorado River
- Picnic Lunch on the Banks of the River
- Hike to Ancient Native American Petroglyphs
- Float Trip to Motorcoach Pick-Up
- Motorcoach Ride to Return
- Includes Transportation, Food, and Tour Guides
- Check Schedule for Dates and Times
- Tour Lasts Approximately 12.5 Hours
- Tour Departs From and Returns To the Grand Canyon Airlines Aiport Terminal or Maswick Lodge
- Cameras and Video Cameras are Permitted
- Transportation Includes Motorcoach and Raft