Skydive the Grand Canyon
Skydiving at the Grand Canyon is a great experience that you will never forget. The Skydiving works by you going through training on the ground first to make sure that you will be safe. Once in the air you and your instructor will be together so that you are safe so if you do panic he will be able to get you to the ground safely. There are some weight restrictions and they ask that if you are over two hundred and ten pounds then you call them and talk to them. They are able to take people over that weight but there are different factors that have to be assessed when t comes to safety at that weight. The whole sky dive experience is two hours long. Children that want to go have to be old enough to just go with the instructor as otherwise they are not permitted on the experience thus, no young children.
There are different sky diving experiences you can have but all of them include you jumping out of the plane with the instructor. The most basic one is where you jump out with the instructor behind you just like all of the experiences but he pulls the shoot, and guides it as you only have to worry about free falling and enjoying the experience. There is an extreme experience where the instructor is only there for safety reasons and you control the parachute and land the two of you on the ground.
This is no ordinary skydive, with breathtaking views of the Grand Canyon, possibly the most awe inspiring natural feature in the country, if not the world, is the ultimate experience of a lifetime!
Freefall is an amazing adrenaline rush - when the canopy opens you can take the time to enjoy the surreal and peaceful experience as you swoop back down to earth. Completed with a licenced and experienced Tandem Instructor they look after all the hard stuff so you can relax can enjoy the ride.
A tandem skydive is perfect for visitors; with no previous experience required, and pre-jump training provided, you can have the ultimate thrill while getting to see Grand Canyon from a completely different perspective!
Tandem Skydive at the Grand Canyon
Views of the majestic expanse of the Grand Canyon are breathtaking, especially from 15,000ft!
Feel the ultimate freedom of flying in FreeFall! Its the most exciting, exhilarating, fun feeling you can imagine. Enjoy the amazing views under canopy with only you in the open air before swooping back to our landing area.
*Photos and video options available on all skydives at the Drop Zone
Add-on the Extreme Experience
Only for real Thrill Seekers.... get some extra training and PULL and FLY your own parachute! (all with the safety of your tandem instructor behind you of course). You will also get one of Paragon Skydives exclusive awesome T-Shirts!
Pickup & Return:
Paragon Skydive @ the Main Terminal.
Departure Times: 6am — 6pm — Summer 8am — 5pm — Fall & Spring 10am — 4pm — Winter 7 days a week
All flight times are approximate and subject to change due to weather conditions and weight restrictions.
- Tandem Skydive
- Certificate of Achievement
- All Skydive related clothing and Goggles
- Equipment use
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel surcharge
- Landing and facility fees
Does not include:
- Photos and Videos are available to purchase at the Drop Zone
- Awesome Skydive the Grand Canyon Merchandise is available to purchase at the Drop Zone
- Transportation to/from the airport - unless specifically booked
Weight Surcharge: Above
210 pounds) there is a surcharge of
$35.00 USD -Above
210 pounds) it is subject to Tandem Instructors assessment and
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 18 years - No Exceptions
- You MUST bring government issued photo ID
- No personal GoPro or recording equipment is allowed on the skydive for safety and regulatory reasons
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions and back problems
- Wear comfortable clothing for light exercise and dress for the weather at the time of year
- Participants MUST wear closed shoes such as running shoes - no open shoes or high heels permitted for safety reasons
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Paragon Skydive reserves the right to refuse service for safety reasons
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to unsafe weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund - safety is our top priority
- Weight limits apply for safety reasons: If you are over 210lbs - please contact us for more information. We can take some people over 210lbs, but there are a number of different factors which come into account when we are assessing safety for a skydive, these include, but are not limited to;
- height to weight ratio,
- body shape,
- ability to fit into the harness safely,
- wind conditions on the day,
- fitness & maneuverability,
- ability to complete the required body positions to skydive and land safely,
- the tandem masters physical abilities, and
- the total weight of both of you combined compared to the manufacturer's allowable limits for the equipment.
- Where does the Skydive the Grand Canyon depart from?
The tour departs from the Grand Canyon National Park Airport located at 871 Liberator Dr, Grand Canyon Village, AZ 86023
- Approximately how long does the Skydive the Grand Canyon last?
Approximately 2 hours.
- For what ages is the tour appropriate?
Minimum age is 18 years old.
- What type of dress & footwear are recommended?
Wear comfortable clothes and dress for the weather at the time of the year. And must wear closed toed shoes.