Grand Canyon Yaki Point Bicycle Tour
There comes a time when a person wants to get outside and do something out of their normal daily lifestyle.
Touring the Yaki Point in the Grand Canyon by bike is something that a person would not do every day of their life. The paths go around the Grand Canyon and are made so that a person who is biking can have the same experience as the people who are right up beside the canyon but these paths are made to keep the people who want to be outside and see things see rather than putting them into harms way.
The path that the bikers go on eventually reach the outlook of the rim which is something that takes a persons breath away when they take this path. Throughout the paths there is more beauty that is going on in the world for them to see because the Grand Canyon is one of the most beautiful places to go in terms of colors. Looking at the Grand Canyon during sunrise and sunset is one of the most magical times that a person can be looking out at the colors.
Colors that are changing is something that a lot of people find joy when they are looking at it. This means that the colors have an impact on the people that have never seen something like this before which makes the colors seem even more out there. With this being said there is a time when a person will want to take photos of the colors and the outside world that they are in. This is also so there is no way to forget the colors they see.
This Grand Canyon bike tour follows the newest greenway section built in the park eastward to Yaki Point.
The beautifully paved paths have been designed to let you experience the Canyon at a spectacularly close distance, while still keeping you very safe and out of harm's way. One half mile into the tour, you will emerge into a clearing that offers your first spectacular view of the canyon. From there, the path winds only feet from the rim almost all the way to the Yaki Point lookout.
Your guide will take you through a colorful history of geology, plant life and human history along the way. They will also introduce you to some of the Canyon's wildlife which is commonly seen in this area. This tour is great for all ages and ability levels. Kids love it but we encourage them to be old enough to have patience with 10-minute stops for interpretation.
Pickup & Return:
Bright Angel Bicycles & Cafe.
Departure Times: 9:30am arrival for check in. 10am departure.
- Bike and helmet rental
- Guided interpretation
- Child bike equipment exchanges if necessary. (I.E child is unable to safely ride. Exchange for trailer or tag along)
Does not include:
- National Park Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Bicycle Damage Insurance (available)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking