Grand Canyon West Rim Tour with Hoover Dam Stop and Optional Skywalk
There is so much more to the Grand Canyon then its mile-high walls or deep rocky basin that nestles the Colorado River. Planning a trip to the Grand Canyon for your families summer vacation can be an action-packed, fun-filled time of excitement and exploration if you know what it is you're looking to do. One of the most exciting things that people like to do when they visit the Canyon, is take a tour of the Western Rim, either by foot at the top of the Canyon, or flying through the area in a helicopter or small airplane that will show you all the best vantage points from the heart of the Grand Canyon. Some flights will even land on the basin so that you can take a tour by kayak or pontoon boat on the Colorado River which weaves its way through the Canyon's bowl. The Hoover Dam is an engineering marvel, even to this day, and you can visit it on foot when you take a tour of the Western Rim of the Grand Canyon. See the glory of this wonder up close and have your families portrait taken while you are here. If you have a few daredevils in your party, make sure that you head over to the Skywalk, which is a horseshoe-shaped glass bridge that juts out over the canyon, allowing you to peer down to the Colorado River below. Make sure that you do more than walk up to the edge of the Grand Canyon to take a few pictures. Make sure that your family gets the most out of their visit to the Grand Canyon this summer vacation.
After leaving Las Vegas, enjoy an approximate 15-minute Hoover Dam photo stop from the pedestrian walkway along the Hoover Dam Bypass Bridge! You'll then travel through the ancient Joshua Tree Forest en route to the West Rim of the Grand Canyon, one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World.
Once at the West Rim you will have 4 hours of unguided time at the Grand Canyon. It's up to you to spend as little or as long as you wish at each of the following attractions. Lunch is not included and can be enjoyed at a variety of different places at the West Rim.
- The spectacular Grand Canyon Skywalk (if option selected) where you can take a walk over the edge of the canyon on a glass bridge
- Eagle Point Indian Village - explore Native American history and culture with replica dwellings and performances of traditional dance
- Hualapai Ranch Wild West show
- Spectacular views over the Colorado River at Guano Point and panoramic views of the Grand Canyon from Eagle Point
- Complimentary Grand Canyon West Express shuttle bus
Travel time between Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon is around three hours each way. Your driver will provide an expert commentary along the way, returning you to Las Vegas in time for a night out on the town. Motor coaches are climate controlled and equipped with restrooms, reclining seats, video monitors and over-sized windows.
Pickup & Return:
Hotel pickup is available from most Las Vegas Strip and Downtown hotels.
Returns to original departure point approximately 12 hours after hotel pickup, subject to local traffic conditions.
Departure Times: Departs: 7:30am
Important: hotel pickup commences approximately 1- to 2-hours prior to this time depending on the location of your hotel. Exact pickup time will be advised upon reconfirmation with the local supplier.
- Round-trip transportation by air-conditioned coach
- 15-minute Hoover Dam photo stop from the pedestrian walkway
- Entrance fees
- Grand Canyon Skywalk (if option selected)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All taxes and fees
Does not include:
- Gratuities (optional)
- Grand Canyon Skywalk (if option not selected)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants 23 months and under are considered a lap child. If Skywalk ticket is purchased, infants must be carried on the Skywalk.
- Children ages 2 years and up require a seat
- Adult pricing applies to all passengers
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them to board and disembark the bus.
- Buses equipped with a lift are based upon availability and might not be available. Should a bus equipped with a lift be required, a three day advanced notice is required, and you must contact the local tour operator immediately after booking to confirm your request.
- Motor coaches are climate controlled and equipped with restrooms (for emergencies), reclining seats, video monitors and over-sized windows
- There may be waiting periods at any point or attraction due to weather or passenger volumes
- No personal items such as mobile phones, cameras, backpacks and purses are allowed on the Skywalk; complimentary lockers are available for storage
- Hotel pickup is available for this tour/activity. Depending on the hotel, buses may not be able to access or enter every property. In this case, pickup may be redirected to a central bus stop or nearby hotel. Exact pickup details will be provided to the guest upon reconfirmation with the local tour operator.
- 30-minutes of complimentary wi-fi is available, additional time may be purchased from the local operator directly.