Arizona Highlights Day Trip with River Rafting
It would be impossible for you to see all of Arizona in one day, but you can get the highlights of the state if you take this day trip through Antelope Canyon, Lake Powell, and Glen Canyon. They are three of the prettiest places in the state, and they are all so nice that you should not miss them.
The tour starts early in the morning where you are given a tram that takes you far out so that you can see the canyon. This tram has a tour guide who answers your questions as you go, and they lead you to the safe places to have fun and take pictures.
There are a lot of beautiful spots around the area that you should try, and the tour guide knows all the places where the pictures will look the best. You simply need to ask them to stop here and there so that you can get the pictures you were hoping for. The pictures themselves change during yhe day because of the light and coloring, and you get an idea of just how majestic this place is.
The tour has tickets online, and you need to get tickets as soon as you can because these tours tend to sell out really fast. You need room for your whole family, and you should find out if the people who lead the tour could do a private tour that would be for just your group.
Everyone who is on the Arizona highlights tour learns about this state in a practical way, and you have a good time seeing how Arizona became what it is.
Begin at the Grand Canyon Airport for your 1-hour plane flight over the Grand Canyon's East Rim, the Colorado River, and Lake Powell. You can choose to fill up with a nourishing breakfast of muffins, yogurt, a fruit cup, granola bar, string cheese and juice before or after the 140-mile (225-km) flight from the Grand Canyon to Page, Arizona.
Touch down in Page to meet your Navajo guide at the airport. Travel by 4WD vehicle to Antelope Canyon, a popular destination on Navajo land. During your 1.5-hour tour, capture photos of the smooth, striated red walls of this slot canyon formed by water rushing through rock.
After soaking up Antelope Canyon geological wonders, ride through a 2-mile (3.2 km) tunnel in your 4WD vehicle to reach the starting point for your rafting trip. Receive a picnic-style lunch in a souvenir soft-sided cooler bag you can take with you after the tour. Once you refuel, board your motorized raft to float 15.5 miles (25 km) along the Colorado River through Glen Canyon as your guide talks about the history and geology of the area.
During your mellow 4.5-hour rafting trip, stop for an easy 30-minute hike to view petroglyphs carved out in nearby rocks by ancient peoples. If necessary, take a second break to use restroom facilities. Your raft ride concludes at Lees Ferry, a former ferry crossing and military outpost situated in Glen Canyon Recreation Area. Here, board a motorcoach or van for the 3.5-hour drive back to the Grand Canyon. En route, pass through Navajo Nation land and stop at Cameron Trading Post to shop for local crafts.
Your 12.5-hour experience of some of Arizona's most spectacular scenery ends at the Grand Canyon National Park Airport.
Pickup & Return:
Grand Canyon Airport.
Departure Times: 6:30am
Total tour duration includes transportation, guided tour, breaks and rafting.
- 1-hour flight from Grand Canyon National Park to Page, AZ
- Smooth water rafting trip
- Guided tour of Antelope Canyon
- Ground transportation from Lee's Ferry to Grand Canyon National Park
- Professional guide
- Continental breakfast (muffin, yogurt, fruit cup, granola bar, juice)
- Lunch (sandwich, chips, cookie, fruit, bottled water) in souvenir soft-sided cooler bag
Does not include:
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Individual passenger weights, including infants, MUST be advised at time of booking
- Due to comfort and weight/balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 300 lbs (136 kg) will be required to purchase an additional seat. This is payable directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour
- Infant children are considered a lap child if they are under the age of two and have proof of age, such as a passport or a copy of their birth certificate
- Closed-toe shoes, sunscreen and a hat are strongly advised
- This tour is limited to 22 people