Perfect for the novice or intermediate rafter, this 2 hour rafting trip will have you hurtling past Class III rapids, amazing rock faces and enormous boulders - Don't worry, though; the rafting trip is ideal for anyone, ages 8 and up, so bring the entire family. You'll receive transportation from the rafting center in Hartford, Tennessee to the starting point of your trip, ensuring that you get the most out of your vacation. In addition, you get access to volleyball courts, picnic areas, a river store and showers to refresh you after your watery trip.
The trip includes all the gear you'll need, including a life jacket, paddle, helmet and paddling jacket if you require one. Your guide will point out all the exciting areas on your trip and you'll thrill to the roar of water over stone, as well as enjoy the beauty of this amazing area. The river is controlled by a dam, meaning that you get the perfect amount of water for your summer fun. The rafting area is convenient to Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge and Asheville, as well as many other popular areas, ensuring that you have an easy trip and the most time for family fun on the river. No matter whether you bring the whole family or just want some fun for a couple, this trip will give you what you want. Call ahead; trips are not scheduled every day.
- Lower Pigeon Ticket: Minimum of ages 4 and up; 2.5 hours long
- Upper Pigeon Ticket: Minimum of ages 8 and up; 2 hours long
- Rafting will take place rain or shine
- Must be at least 8 years of age to participate.
- Comfortable dress is recommended — be prepared to get WET! — Do not wear jeans or sweat pants
- Tennis shoes, deck shoes, river shoes or sandals with Velcro straps are recommended; no flip flops or bare feet.
- Do not wear any loose jewelry
- Retainers are available in the store to protect eyeglasses
- Cameras are not recommended as they will get wet