Full-Day Everglades Adventure
This round-trip tour begins with a pickup from just about any hotel or location in the Ft. Lauderdale or Miami area. We can also arrange for pick up and drop off from the cruise ship terminals and airports. You don't know what to do with your bags when you get off the ship? We can keep your luggage for the day - for free.
This smaller group experience is led by an experienced Florida Master Naturalist tour guide. The captain for the guided boat trip in the 10,000 Islands is a multi-generational native to the region, who knows the area like no one else. Another highlight of this tour is an exciting air boat ride (carefully selected; the best air boat ride in the Everglades) into the REAL Everglades, where you will see many alligators up close and lots of wildlife. No touristy experience, this authentic air boat experience will take you to a historic and hidden Miccosukee village that can only be accessed by boat. Your Native American guide will leave you raving about this experience. Additionally, you'll be taken on a 1-hour dry hike in Fakahatchee Strand by a Florida Master Naturalist guide. Fakahatchee Strand is an oasis for a wide variety of wildlife, birds, rare orchids, bromeliads, bald cypress trees, old royal palms and wildlife. Also visit a historic trading post, a fascinating look at Florida's Seminole Indian and pioneer past. Stop at the Museum of the Everglades and for stone crab, the cheapest and freshest place to buy them (optional to purchase). This is where stone crabbing originated! We'll keep it fresh for your return home. This tour also includes a narrated, interesting driving tour through Everglades city and the Everglades, where you will learn about the unique history of the region. Enjoy a delicious lunch at a local cafe. Your expert naturalist guide will have you immersed in 4 different ecosystems of the Everglades. Receive an album of pictures after your trip to remember this personalized and fascinating Everglades tour.
Pickup & Return:
Hotels in Greater Ft. Lauderdale and Miami areas; including pickup from Port of Miami and Port Everglades.
Returns to original departure point.
Departure Times: 7am to 7:45am.
Please arrive 20 minutes prior to departure time
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Bottled water
- National Park fees
- Hotel/Port pickup and drop-off or designated meeting points
- Drop off at airports in time for the flight home can be arranged
- Luggage storage can be arranged
- Small-group tour
- Local professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Live commentary on board
Does not include:
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Full refund if cancelled 7 days in advance. 50% refund if cancelled at least 48 hours in advance. No refund if cancelled under 48 hours from pick up time of tour.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required