Grand Canyon Deluxe Tour From Flagstaff
Join this unforgettable experience and see the top attractions in and around the Grand Canyon. This full-day tour leaves from Flagstaff so you don't have to worry about your own transportation; you can enjoy the day instead of being stressed about driving around! The tour includes hotel pickup and dropoff, lunch, and water. You'll see majestic volcanoes, ruins, lava fields, Navajo Reservation, canyons, the Painted Desert, and so much more. You will have a guide who will tell you everything that you could want to know about the sights. If you want to see the best of what Northern Arizona has to offer, this is the tour you need to be on.
- You will be picked up from your hotel and leave from Flagstaff at around 8:30 am. You'll have a scenic drive through towering Ponderosa Pines on the way to start the tour.
- First, you'll head to Sunset Crater National Monument and be able to walk along the dormant volcanoes and lava fields. Your guide will tell you all about the geology of the area and its history. This area is the Colorado Plateau's youngest volcano!
- The next stop is the Wupatki National Monument. Learn about what happened to the people who used to live here and how they survived.
- You'll then make your way along the Navajo Reservation and across part of the Painted Desert. You will make a stop at the Historic Trading Post which was built in 1916 - you can purchase Native American gifts for the family back home.
- At the Trading Post, you will have lunch! There is plenty of delicious food to choose from.
- After lunch, you get to one of the most stunning places in the country - the Grand Canyon. You'll see the Colorado River and Navajo Mountain in the distance. You're able to climb the Watchtower Observatory to get a picture-perfect view.
- As you're driven along the rim of the Grand Canyon, you will stop at various lookout points to take pictures and enjoy the sights.
- Next, you'll have about a mile walk along the South Rim! The hike is moderate, so be sure to bring comfortable and appropriate shoes and clothing.
- The last stop is Grand Canyon Village where you'll be able to go into various shops and museums.
- At the end, you'll be transported back to Flagstaff and return at around 5:30 pm.