Kings Dominion Doswell VA
Your whole family will fall in love with Kings Dominion in Doswell, Virginia, a 400 acre park known for its incredible water rides, more than 15 thrill rides, and many other family rides. This grand park provides special live shows with world cultures and talented performers for entertainment. Visitors can participate in some of the most famed rides in the state and walk through Peanuts-themed adventures from Charles Schultz' beloved comic strip, such as Snoopy's Splash Dance or the Flying Ace. Kids can head to Planet Snoopy for an even more in-depth look at Peanuts characters, and they'll even have a chance to shake Charlie Brown's hand along with the rest of the gang.
Visitors can participate in events held annually throughout the year for students, organizations and causes. Dining options are provided throughout the park, with specialized treats and delicious locally made American cuisine like barbecue. There's no end to the great options available at the Kings Dominion.
Kings Dominion Water Rides
- Big Wave Bay - Get hit with four foot waves in this 650,000 gallon wave pool.
- FreeStylin' - Hop in an inner tube and zoom around curves and over drops to end with a splash.
- Lazy Rider - Use this river raft ride to relax as you float a quarter of a mile with geysers and waterfalls to cool you off.
- Pipeline Peak - Features four enclosed water slides including Night Slider, Power Plunge, Rip Slide, and Turbo Twister.
- Tornado - Slide down a 65 feet funnel into a splash of water below.
- And more!
Kings Dominion Thrill Rides
- Anaconda - The first coaster in the world with an underwater tunnel, you'll take a gripping 144 foot drop.
- Dominator - At speeds of up to 67 mph, race around giants loops and wild corkscrews on this 4,210 foot floorless coaster.
- Intimidator 305 - The tallest and fastest roller coaster on the East Coast reaching speeds of 90 mph and taking drops of 300 feet at an 85 degree angle.
- Drop Tower - Drop 272 feet at 72 mph on the tallest drop ride in North America.
- The Crypt - This ultra-themed thrill ride will have you flipping high in the air.
- Twisted Timbers - New for 2018, the Twisted Timbers ride is sure to bring some fun to the table. This wooden coaster is thrilling and reaches speeds of up to 54 mph, so do not miss out!
Kings Dominion Family Rides
- Avalanche - The only North American bobsled-style ride of its kind.
- Boo Blasters on Boo Hill - Use your laser blaster to shoot the baddies in this dark, interactive ride.
- Eiffel Tower - A replica of the Paris landmark in which you can travel up to a 275 foot platform for a spectacular view.
- Ghoster Coaster - Fun, wooden roller coaster with drops, humps, and curves.
- Triple Spin - Take a gondola in the air and spin counter-clockwise to the ride itself.
- And more!
King's Dominion Shows
- Charlie Brown's Pirate Adventure - Look for buried treasure on Charlie Brown's pirate ship, the Lost & Found.
- Peanuts Rocking' Party - See all the Peanuts gang under the Eiffel Tower for a fun, dance party.
- And more!
There are also many events throughout the year such as 2018's brand new Winterfest, so do not pass up a trip to King's Dominion!