Scenic Blue Mountain Hike from Kingston
Schedule By Date:
The Blue Mountain is situated in the Blue and John Crow Mountain, which is a World Heritage Site. The first part of the trail is called Jacob's Ladder, a steep and winding path that takes you straight up the side of the Blue Mountain. The distance to the peak from here is 5.8 miles (9.2km). The spectacular scenic views along the way will amaze you — and keep an eye out for bird species including chestnut-bellied cuckoo, rufous-throated solitaire, crested quail dove and the national bird of Jamaica, the doctor bird.
It is said that on a clear day you can see Cuba from the Blue Mountain Peak. This area is also famous for its coffee. Cap the day off with a visit to a Jamaican coffee farm, where you can enjoy a taste of Blue Mountain coffee and an authentic Jamaican lunch. Finally, your driver will return you to your Kingston hotel, where the tour ends.
Pickup & Return:
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Tour Guide
- Lunch - Breakfast for sunrise hike or lunch for daylight hike
- Optional Coffee Farm Tour
- Entry/Admission - Blue Mountains
- Entry/Admission - Blue Mountain Peak
Does not include:
- National Park Fee ($20usd)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Bring warm clothing, a light raincoat and comfortable walking shoes/boots