Enjoy transport from your Healy hotel and meet your guide for a personal tour of the rugged Alaskan wilderness.
Begin with a brief safety training and information course. Learn the specific functions of your 4WD ATV machine then hop onboard for a practice drive, making sure you're completely comfortable before heading out into the back country. If you prefer not to drive, you can join your guide on their 2-person vehicle. Once fitted with the proper helmet, safety goggles, gloves, and optional rain gear, it's time to be on your way.
Head out onto the area's old coal mining trails, which spill out onto the Dry Creek River Bed — an excavation site for Athabascan Indian artifacts. Stop to explore a broken-down cabin across the river and admire the local flora while soaking up the surrounding scenery.
Continue up Black Diamond Peak for breathtaking views of the entire Healy Valley. Keep an eye out for wildlife and learn about local history from your professional guide as you go.
Take frequent breaks to savor the mountain air, snap pictures, and simply bask in the beauty of the wild Alaska tundra on this thrilling ATV journey.
Your tour concludes with hotel drop-off.
Pickup & Return:
All Healy B&B's
Denali Park Hotels
Tour Begins at Black Diamond Resort Co.
Departure Times: 7:30am, 11 am, 2:30 pm, 6:00 pm, 8:30 pm, 10:00 pm
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Professional guide
- Round-trip transport from select Healy lodgings
- Use of helmet, safety goggles, gloves and optional rain gear
Does not include:
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are available; please request when booking
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Operates rain or shine; please dress accordingly
- Have a valid drivers license on your at all times and please present it when filling out the liability release form. Drivers must be 16 or older and have passed our safety training course
- Black Diamond Grill dining reservations are available before or after you ride