Wilds of Alaska Classic Atv Adventure
The Wild Alaskan ATV adventure is a great tour of the wild life in Alaska with the help, and security of a tour guide, all while being able to drive your own ATV. The tour takes about three hours from start to finish and if you need to be picked up from your hotel that can be arranged as well. The ATV adventure starts off with a short safety course to ensure that you will be safe on the ATV during the tour. If you don’t feel like you should drive your own ATV you can request to ride with the guide and if that is available then that is fine. The guide will be leading the small group of ATV’s through the wilderness for your tour. Children are allowed to go but must ride with their parent or with a guide during the tour. The tour is great for anyone at any experience level as the guide will make sure that you know how to safely drive the ATV before you go anywhere. During the tour you will get to see wildlife of all kinds which the guide can give you information about during the tour, and answer any questions that you may have about the wildlife during the tour. The tour is very popular and the spots will fill up fast so go ahead and schedule your tour as soon as possible to ensure your spot.
Enjoy transport from your Healy hotel and meet your guide for a personal tour of the rugged Alaskan wilderness.
Begin with a brief safety training and information course. Learn the specific functions of your 4WD ATV machine then hop onboard for a practice drive, making sure you're completely comfortable before heading out into the back country. If you prefer not to drive, you can join your guide on their 2-person vehicle. Once fitted with the proper helmet, safety goggles, gloves, and optional rain gear, it's time to be on your way.
Head out onto the area's old coal mining trails, which spill out onto the Dry Creek River Bed — an excavation site for Athabascan Indian artifacts. Stop to explore a broken-down cabin across the river and admire the local flora while soaking up the surrounding scenery.
Continue up Black Diamond Peak for breathtaking views of the entire Healy Valley. Keep an eye out for wildlife and learn about local history from your professional guide as you go.
Take frequent breaks to savor the mountain air, snap pictures, and simply bask in the beauty of the wild Alaska tundra on this thrilling ATV journey.
Your tour concludes with hotel drop-off.
Pickup & Return:
All Healy B&B's
Denali Park Hotels
Tour Begins at Black Diamond Resort Co.
Departure Times: 7:30am, 11 am, 2:30 pm, 6:00 pm, 8:30 pm, 10:00 pm
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
- Professional guide
- Round-trip transport from select Healy lodgings
- Use of helmet, safety goggles, gloves and optional rain gear
Does not include:
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are available; please request when booking
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Operates rain or shine; please dress accordingly
- Have a valid drivers license on your at all times and please present it when filling out the liability release form. Drivers must be 16 or older and have passed our safety training course
- Black Diamond Grill dining reservations are available before or after you ride