Covered Wagon Ride with Backcountry Dining
Take an exciting and unique journey to see some of Alaska's most stunning sights with Horse-Drawn Covered Wagon Ride with Backcountry Dining.
This event is something you don't find anywhere else. Step aboard a horse drawn covered wagon driven by your professional and knowledgeable tour guide and take a trip through stunning areas. You'll have panoramic views of lakes, rustic cabins, and even wildlife that are living in the amazing landscape. You'll travel for 45 minutes along the Denali National Park's edge while your guide offers facts and stories about the area and it's rich history as you begin a journey into the wilds of Alaska. You'll see how locals live in in the area as well as some old cabins. Once you reach the tour company's pavilion, you'll be treated to an amazing family style lunch and an opportunity to get to know the powerful Draft horses that brought the wagon to the location. Guests are allowed time to pose for photos at this time before loading up for a relaxing return trip.
Reservations are required for this event. Meals are provided for each trip and depending on time will be either breakfast, lunch or dinner. Each trip includes a professional driver/guide. All children must be accompanied by an adult. Vegetarian dining options are available, please let the staff know your preferences when you book the trip. This tour operates no matter what the weather conditions are, please dress accordingly.
Take a unique tour through the wilds of Alaska and see some amazing sights with Horse-Drawn Covered Wagon Ride with Backcountry Dining.
Your exciting journey begins with pick-up from your hotel. Get to know your guide and driver as you travel north to a stunning Alaska lake with panoramic views, just minutes from Denali National Park.
Here, take the opportunity to stretch your legs before climbing aboard a covered, custom-built wagon that can accommodate up to 16 people. Then set out for a relaxing 45-minute journey along the northern side of Denali National Park's boundary.
Your guide will regale you with facts about the area and details on its mining history as you enter the wilds of Alaska. Pass a few rustic cabins and see how local residents live. Keep an eye out for wildlife and bask in the surrounding scenery.
On arrival at the tour company pavilion, you'll disembark for a delicious family style meal and a chance to meet the two Draft horses that brought you to this remote location. Pose for pictures before re-boarding the wagon for your leisurely return trip.
Pickup & Return:
Black Diamond Resort Co.
Departure Times: 7:30 am, 11:00 am, 2:30 pm, 6:00 pm, 7:30 pm, 8:30 pm
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Professional driver/guide
- Round-trip transport from select Healy and Denali-area lodgings
Does not include:
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are available if pre-requested when booking
- Must be 21 or older to drink alcohol
- Vegetarian food option is available; please request when book along with any other specific dietary requirements
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Involves a moderate amount of walking
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated, as long as the participant is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Operates rain or shine; please dress accordingly