Enjoy complimentary transport from your Healy hotel to Black Diamond Resort Co, where you'll embark on a family-friendly backcountry treasure hunt.
After a short safety briefing, you'll hop aboard your own Polaris Ranger, outfitted with seat belts, a windshield and cover. It's similar to a small open-air Jeep but sports the exciting flair of an ATV. Then, head out into the wilds of Alaska with your professional guide.
Navigate the back country trails, searching for hidden secrets, granite rocks, and additional clues that bring you closer and closer to finding your treasure: a rustic pavilion in the woods where a camp-style meal awaits.
Traverse old mining paths that spill out onto the Dry Creek River Bed, stop on a whim to take in the surrounding scenery, or walk along the tundra and travel up the side of Black Diamond Peak for spectacular views of the Healy Valley — all the while working together to strategize and plan your next moves. Your guide also fills you in on local history, culture, flora, and fauna throughout.
Soon, it's time to reap the benefits of your treasure hunt: a delicious and hearty meal. Morning tours include a lumberjack breakfast with fresh-baked biscuits and gravy, reindeer sausage, flapjacks and more, while afternoon and evening tours feature mouthwatering ribs, steak, chicken and even fresh-caught Alaska salmon. Juice, coffee, tea, hot chocolate and adult beverages are also available.
Your tour concludes with hotel drop-off in Healy.
Pickup & Return:
Black Diamond Resort Co, If driving yourself please park and check in at the front desk. If being picked up at your hotel or b&b please make sure we know which location and meet us in the main lobby 15 minutes prior to departure time.
Departure Times: 7:30am, 11am, 2:30pm, 6:45pm, 10pm
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Unlimited beer, wine and soft drinks
- Professional guide
- Round-trip transport from Healy lodgings (if option selected)
Does not include:
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are available; please request when booking
- No experience necessary.
- Drinking age is 21 and older
- Vegetarian food option is available; please request when booking
- The tour is wheelchair accessible, though please let us know beforehand so we can plan accordingly
- Operates rain or shine; please dress for the weather