Meet your tour guide at the station, and they get you started on an ATV that think you will fit on. You need to be certain that you know how to ride one of these, and you can only bring children who are big enough to ride one. This is not always a family activity because some kids are too small.
The tour guide will help you learn about the path you are taking, and they will give you an idea of how far out you are going. They know all the places in the area, and they know all the animals. You get a real time look at how this place is still very wild.
The people who want to take these ATV tours must be certain that they have taken the ATV tour with their guide because that plunges them into the wild where a lot of people do not go.
The tour guide gets you on an ATV, and they answer your questions as you go. This is a simple and fun way for you to enjoy the tour experience so that you are seeing all of Alaska.
Let's ride Alaska style! Hop on an ATV Side by Side machine with a friend and strap in for this exciting back country adventure! This ATV fits two passengers and is great for couples or parents with children.
After pickup from your hotel, drive approximately 10-15 miles (depending on your hotel location) to the North Side of Denali National Park Boundary near Otto Lake. Your adventure begins with safety training and information. After your guide fits you with a helmet, safety glasses and gloves, you are on your way. Next stop: Wilderness Alaska!
Your guides will lead you along the Alaska Range, through valleys and streams, up foothills, and Tundra - all offering breathtaking mountain scenery. Make sure to bring your camera. With multiple scenic view points and stops, you will surely snap a unique photo! Your trek takes you high up on Black Diamond Peak, where you can view the entire Healy Valley. Seek out animals and action on this exciting tour geared to the more experienced ATV adventurer.
This tour includes a full-service back country meal. Come hungry and leave satisfied! Your all-you-can-eat lumberjack breakfast offers fresh baked biscuits and gravy, thick cut bacon, reindeer sausage, fresh fruit, home style flapjacks, fresh scrambled eggs and more. For the afternoon and evening tours, sink your teeth into mouth watering ribs, chicken, steak, salmon fresh from the coastal waters of Alaska, Alaskan Chili, and potato salad. Plus, be sure to satisfy your sweet tooth with a delicious cobbler for dessert. Adult beverages are provided for non-driving adult passengers, as well as juice, coffee, tea and hot chocolate.
On this once-in-a-lifetime tour into the wild, you'll reach speeds of 5 to 25 miles per hour. The ultimate back country tour awaits! Book your tour today.
No experience necessary.
Pickup & Return:
- Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge
- My McKinley Chalet Resort
- All B&B's in the town of Healy, Alaska
- Denali Park Crows Nest
- Denali Park Village
- Grande Denali Lodge
Departure Times: 7:30am:11:00am:14:30pm:18:45pm
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Wine tasting
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Use of helmet
Does not include:
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Vehicles are collapsible wheelchair accessible, however the driver is unable to assist passengers boarding and disembarking due to insurance regulations
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately