The tour begins at 10am inside the lobby of the brand new boutique-style Hotel Covington. You'll be treated to homemade buttery biscuits topped with a special recipe apple butter and served with a locally roasted fair trade coffee from Nicaragua. If you're a fan of the 1950's, you'll love the next stop where you can enjoy a down home breakfast dish of sausage, gravy, eggs, and bacon, all served with a side of fried potatoes.
From there, you'll stroll north on Madison Avenue to a third tasting where you enjoy traditional Kung Pow chicken alongside many other authentic Chinese dishes. From there, you'll take a break from eating to walk through the German neighborhood of Mutter Gottes and peek inside the European-influenced church from 1870. Learn about the history, architecture, and famous people who built this city on the banks of the Ohio River. You'll also be able to see the renaissance the city is currently undergoing with a return to urban living.
You'll next stroll down Pike Street, formerly a turnpike for stage coaches in the 1700's. Eat authentic Mexican street tacos with spices, cilantro, and onions and enjoy them on the way to Braxton Brewery. There, enjoy a tasting of one of their signature craft beers. Finally, the last stop will be a surprise with a sweet treat and beverage at the ready.
The food, tax and 20% gratuity to the servers is included in your ticket. Gratuities for the tour guide are appreciated, however. The food served on this tour is ample for lunch. Additional alcoholic beverages may be purchased on your own. Street parking is free all day on Sundays. Please note: the operator cannot accommodate any food allergies or sensitivities except vegetarians. You must specify vegetarian ahead of time when the ticket is purchased.
Pickup & Return:
Inside the lobby at Hotel Covington.
638 Madison Avenue
Covington, KY 41011.
Departure Times: 10am Arrival and check-in anytime between 9:45am - 9:55am.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Local taxes
Does not include:
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- The tour is not wheelchair accessible due to the age of the buildings.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A maximum of 12 people per booking