This 6-hour adventure begins with central pick-ups in both Buffalo and Niagara Falls NY using a 15-passenger Van. The scenic 1 1/2 hour drive along the Western Shore of Lake Erie en-route to Amish country is narrated on the topic of the Underground Railroad and its connections and sites in New York States Southern Tier and it's possible connections to the Amish communities. We arrive at the Leon Historical Society's 1836 church building in Leon for welcome and historic orientation to the Amish Community of Western New York's Conewango Valley along with Amish donuts and coffee. We then re-board the van to begin our 5-hour tour stopping at sites to experience culture, purchase crafts and bake goods while taking in the landscape. Make sure you bring cash for purchases as Amish products are extremely inexpensive, hand-made and one of a kind. There are no computer terminals to process credit cards, everything is done as in the early 20th century. A box lunch will be provided as we move around Amish country. Space will also be provided for items purchased as the tour concludes and we travel back to our pick-up locations.
Pickup & Return:
Niagara Falls NY and Buffalo NY
Please select preferred pick-up point at checkout. Meeting locations provided on voucher..
Drop-off back at central pick-up locations.
Departure Times: 9:00am - Niagara Falls, NY
9:30am - Buffalo, NY
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Valid from the time you exchange your voucher, for the duration selected.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Guided Amish Heritage Tour
- Amish Breakfast (coffee & Donuts)
- 14- Passenger Van
- Box Lunch
- All admissions
- Central Pick-Up
Does not include:
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please be prepared to be picked up from central pick-up locations approximately 15 minutes prior to the tour's departure time
- This tour departs from downtown Niagara Falls NY USA and downtown Buffalo NY
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of two people per booking is required
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately