Moss Mansion Self-Guided Tour
The Moss Mansion was built in 1903 by entrepreneur, Preston Boyd Moss and designed by New York architect, Janeway Hardenbergh, designer of the original Waldorf Astoria and Plaza hotels. The structure showcases inspired architecture, exquisite decor, and unrivaled craftsmanship. The mansion has graced the silver screen in period films such as Son of the Morning Star and Return to Lonesome Dove.
The youngest Moss daughter lived in the home until the 1980's. Today, visitors are in awe of the home's amenities which include heated indoor plumbing on each floor as well as a call button system for the servants. The Moss Mansion went on to greatly influence the culture of Billings, Montana.
On this self-guided tour, you can explore the beautiful home at your own pace. There are hosts stationed on each floor to answer your questions.
Pickup & Return:
Departure Times: Self-guided tours begin at open and continue until close at 4pm. Please begin your self-guided tour no later than 3:30 pm.
- Entrance fees
- Tour escort/host
- Residential Parking Available
- Handicapped Accessible Restrooms
Does not include:
Gift and souvenir shop
Guided Tours Available
Group Tours Available by Appointment
Residential Parking Available
Handicapped Accessible Restrooms
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- There are no elevators or lifts in the home. Wheelchairs have limited access to the first floor
- Tours begin with a 13-minute video about the Moss family
- Guided Tours Available as per Schedule
- Group Tours Available by Appointment