Stone Mountain Park
Whether you’re looking for a high-flying outdoor adventure, a historically-accurate trip back in time, or an excellent view of the Appalachian Mountains, Stone Mountain Park has just the right attractions to make your vacation thrilling.
- Geyser Towers: At Geyser Towers, three towers that surpass the treetops are accessible by suspended rope tunnels and bridges. To the delight of overheated children, several fountains of water shoot into the air over the exposed bridges, effectively soaking everyone who isn’t under a tower roof.
- Skyride: On the skyride, guests will ascend 825 feet up the mountain for stunning views of the Atlanta skyline, the majestic Appalachian Mountains, and for a clear, unobstructed look at the Confederate Memorial Carving.
- Discovering Stone Mountain Museum at Memorial Hall: The Stone Mountain Museum covers the history of Stone Mountain, from ancient civilizations, Native American and pioneer settlers and Civil War disputes to the present-day park. The museum also has an exhibit on the mountain’s Confederate Memorial, the largest relief carving in the world.
- The Antebellum Plantation & Farmyard: The plantation is a collection of original buildings that have been restored. Filled with period furniture and classic 18th and 19th century southern decorations, each building is an accurate portrayal of lifestyles past. The plantation also features a working cookhouse, traditional southern garden, and a farmyard where kids can pet the animals and learn the role of livestock in the old south.
- The Great Barn: With super slides, trampoline floors and climbing structures, The Great Barn has over four floors and more than 65 interactive activities for you and your kids to enjoy.
- Sky Hike: On the Sky Hike, ropes suspended from high beams serve as your hiking trail. With a patented overhead safety system to keep you from falling, your ‘hike’ involves wooden slats, a balance rope and vertical net bridges. Whether you choose to be 12 ft., 24 ft., or 40 ft. in the air, the Sky Hike is sure to be an experience you won’t forget.
- Camp Highland Outpost: For the adventurer in the family, Camp Highland Outpost offers all kinds of challenges. The Camp includes a rock wall, rope bridges, zip lines and low rope courses, as well as many other outdoor activities.
- Scenic Railroad: The Scenic Railroad’s 1940s locomotive features open-air cars. Watch as the beautiful Stone Mountain landscape is revealed on this exciting journey.
- Dining: Stone Mountain Park has a large variety of concessions and full service restaurants, including The Commons Restaurant by the lake and Honey Baked Café & Mill Creations.
- Shopping: The Park has a number of gift shops, nature stores, sporting gear, toy and candy stores to entertain the avid shopper in your family, including Skyview Souvenirs and Adventure Center.
- Demonstrating Crafters: In some of the park’s shops, you can watch as each item is handcrafted. Watch a master glassblower create beautiful ornaments at Stone Mountain’s Glass Shops, or witness a candy maker constructing delicious confections at Candy Kitchen.
...and much more!
Saturday, 11/12/2016 - Wednesday, 1/4/2017Location: Stone Mountain Christmas at Stone Mountain Park
Saturday, 11/19/2016 - Sunday, 2/26/2017Location: Snow Mountain at Stone Mountain Park
Saturday, 12/31/2016Location: Kids' Early New Year's Eve Celebration at Stone Mountain Park
Wednesday, 3/1/2017 - Sunday, 4/30/2017Location: Spring Break
At Stone Mountain Park in Atlanta, GA you're sure to find something for every member of your group.