Standing Indian Mountain Hike Plus Wine Tasting
Spectacular views, lush forest, and wine are what is in store on this Standing Indian Mountain Hike Plus Wine Tasting adventure in Atlanta, Ga. Enjoy the views from the highest point on the Appalachian Trail. The guide will tell stories and history regarding the area. After the hike, stop at a winery for a relaxing wine tasting of six different wines.
The guide will pick-up the group at Andy's Market to begin the eight hour day. The views from Standing Indian Mountain are breathtaking regardless the season. However, during the fall season, the area is filled with beautiful autumn colors. The forest is filled with ferns, moss, and rhododendron. Take a break for a picnic lunch consisting of flatbread, turkey, hummus, nuts, berries, and greens all from a local organic farm. After the hike is over, the group will head to Stonewall Creek Vineyard for a wine tasting. Enjoy tasting six different artisan wines while learning about the winery itself. Make sure to pick up a bottle or two of a newly discovered favorite. Finally, relax on the drive back to Andy's Market.
Spend the day hiking the Appalachian Trail and reach the highest point of the trail. Make sure to take a selfie while at Standing Indian Mountain to document the achievement. Relax with the other hikers over some good wine made from a small popular winery.
Standing Indian Mountain is the highest point along the Appalachian Trail and stands along the Nantahala River, south of the Smokey Mountains. Views from the top are spectacular regardless of the time of year. Standing Indian Mountain is a beautiful hike in any season, trailing through a sun-dappled forest filled with moss, fern and thickets of rhododendron. It's particularly beautiful in fall, when the forest is painted in the vibrant, warm hues of autumn.
Meet us at Andy's Market at 8:00am for an incredible full-day hike, This Journey with a professional local guide providing fun, entertainment and education about your surroundings. We will also provide a picnic style lunch which includes: turkey meat, flat bread, mustard, humus, nuts and berries, and seasonal greens from our organic farm.
After our hike you will experience wine tasting at Stonewall Creek Vineyard, a small artisan vineyard which typically sells out tastings as the year progresses. Six amazing wines to taste are included in this Journey and in-depth look into the winery its self. We will then return back to Andy's Market so you can enjoy the ride home!
Pickup & Return:
Departure Times: 8:00am
- Picnic Style Lunch - turkey meat, flat bread, mustard, humus, nuts and berries, and seasonal greens from our organic farm
- Wine tasting at Stonewall Creek Vineyard
- Tasting of 6 different wines
- Local guide - trained in First Aid and CPR
Does not include:
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Loctions is 90-miles from Atlanta
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair