Guided Stand Up Paddle Tour
You can take the guided standup paddleboard tour in Asheville on the river, and you must be sure that you have chosen the right time for the family to come out. You could get everyone up on the paddleboard, or this could be the time for the family to come out and watch while only certain people take the tour.
You will notice that the river is usually very quiet, and this is the place where you get to learn about the paddleboard because it is so safe. You can all go out with the instructor, and you can all ride to a couple that will help you take pictures and see something that will be beautiful, and they will show you the spots that look the best.
You could have a good time with the family just sitting by the river, and you will find that you can do this for a couple hours before going on about your day. This is a pretty fun time for you, and it is a time for you to see the natural beauty of the area.
Get your tickets early, and come on this tour when you want to learn how to paddleboard and have a good time with the family. Your whole family will love being on this tour because it provides you the perfect medium for having a good time. You can relax, and the river sounds nice.
You must use the paddleboard tour as a way to get out in nature, and you can have some fun in town when you are all done.
Meet your guide in Asheville's River Arts District to begin your stand-up paddling tour with a 10-minute shuttle ride to the start point at Hominy Creek. Here, you'll be fitted with a life jacket, paddle, and your board. Receive a short, introductory lesson on the basics of SUP from your guide before setting off along the water.
From Hominy Creek, a shallow, sand-bottomed 'practice pond' where you'll gain your confidence and balance, float along the waterway, which eventually joins the larger French Broad River—a wide, historical stretch of water. Paddle along the outer boundary of the famous Biltmore Estate, and listen to historical tales of Asheville's scenic surrounds from your guide. Finish your 2-hour tour back in the River Arts District, which is in walking distance of breweries and shops you can explore independently, if you wish.
Pickup & Return:
Company: Wai Mauna Asheville SUP Tours, LLC
River Arts District, Asheville.
Returns to original departure point.
Departure Times: 5:30am, 9:30am, 1:30pm, 4:30pm
- Use of all equipment (paddleboard, paddle, personal flotation device, leash, river booties, and dry bag)
- Professional guide
- Shuttle to launch point
Does not include:
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and beverages
- Towels and sun protection
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum 2-guests per booking.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Suitable for ages 10 years and up
- All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- It is recommended that you bring the following: swimwear, sunscreen, sunglasses, waterproof camera, and change of dry clothes that you can leave in your car so you can change at the end of the tour