Horseback Riding at Arrowmont Stables
Head to the Arrowmont Stables in Asheville North Carolina for a trail-blazing adventure like no other. Your small group will meet within the ring at the stables to meet your horses and find one that is a good fit for you. You will be able to take advantage of the time in the Ring to get the feel of the movement of your horse in the safety of the corral before you head out on the open trail through the mountains. Once everyone has been fitted with their safety equipment and are comfortable working with their horse, it's off for a two and a half hour ride through quiet forests and lush meadows.
As the tour begins, travelers will be surrounded by beautiful Flame Azaleas in a thick hardwood forest. Imagine being surrounded by such peace, and tranquility while sitting atop such a majestic animal, it is an experience like no other.
As the hardwoods begin to thin and morph into the next scene of the trip, riders will enjoy the quiet serenity of a white pine forest, much like those that are known for their part in films such as the Star Wars franchise. When the trail clears from the woods, your horse will step out into a vast meadow, 4,200 feet of elevation and boasts gorgeous thirty-mile views of the Blue Mountain Parkway.
After you take in the sites of the distant Parkway, wander with your group through fern-filled forests that lead to a thick, dense wood that weaves back down the mountain toward the barn where your journey began only two and a half hours prior; Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime experience.
This beautiful horseback ride combines the Majestic Flame Azalea and the lush Fern Forest for a really enjoyable trail ride for everyone. You start up the mountain traveling through a hard wood forest filled with wild Flame Azaleas. After the hardwoods, you enter an enchanting white pine forest just like in the Star Wars movie! From the pines you emerge in a beautiful open meadow at 4200ft of elevation with majestic 30 mile views out to the Blue Ridge Parkway. You will think you are in the legendary movie 'Sound of Music.' This is an amazing experience. Descending the top you travel through an old youth camp. Next, you enter an enchanting lush, deep wood, fern forest. It meanders through a dense forest before returning to the barn. This is a 200 acre working horse farm. Plan at least 2.5-hours for your adventure as Trail Time is approximately 80-Minutes plus your Safety Program.
Some RIDING TIPS:
- Horses don't know they are big. That's why we can control them with the bit in their mouth.
- Horses think like little children and expect you to protect them.
- You NEED to know this. Whoever is most stubborn wins. You need to be more stubborn than the horse.
Pickup & Return:
Arrowmont Stables & Cabins, LLC.
You return to the Stables where your vehicle is parked or for pickup by your family.
Departure Times: 10:00am, 11:00am, 1:00pm, 2:00pm, 3:30pm
Please arrive at the stated time or 5 minutes early.
You will need to complete your Assumption of Responsibility forms At the stated time Your Safety Program starts Then you will try your horse out in the ring before going on your trail.
Trail times are in addition to the Safety Program. So if you choose a 60 minute trail, plan to be here at least 2 hours to cover both the Safety and Trail times. Please Note, The Safety Program Starts at your stated trail time, not before it. Your Trail immediately follows your safety program. You just need to factor in the time for any activities you are planning After your trail ride.
- Safety orientation
- Horseback Ride (based on option selected)
- Use of all equipment (horse, tack and helmet)
- Use of helmet mandatory for under 18 years old
- Ponchos or Rain coats provided for inclement weather
- Majestic Trails with a variety in terrain from 4200 feet elevation at the top to 3400 feet in the valley
- Local guide
Does not include:
- Gratuities (Optional)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Plan an extra 50-60 minutes, in addition to your trail time, for your safety and training program.
Please Note, This Starts at your stated trail time, not before it. Your Trail immediately follows your safety program.
- Your Safety Program consists of a video or live demonstration covering the horse's training, safety and horse personality.
- You are given a chance to try your horse in the ring before departing. If needed, your horse can be changed before your trail.
- All passenger ages must be advised at time of booking
- Closed-toe shoes are required
- Long pants recommended
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult
- Use of helmet mandatory for under 18 years old
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If it looks like rain, bring an extra T-shirt and towel
- You will try your horse out in the ring before going on your trail
- The Safety Program Starts at your stated trail time, not before it. Your Trail immediately follows your safety program