Downtown Walking Food and Culture Tour in Asheville
Meet your guide at Ben's Tune Up on Hilliard Avenue at 11:30am. Here, you'll enjoy gourmet doughnuts while listening to your guide provide some history and culture.
Then, take a stroll up lovely Church Street, where your guide will provide a more in-depth overview on the city's history, architecture, and culture.
Next, head into a bakery whose chef has been nominated for 4 James Beard Awards for best chef in the Southeast and then over to the renowned French Broad Chocolate Lounge for more bites and sips. You'll hang out for a bit around Pack Square and talk about more interesting Asheville things and then walk over to a fantastic apothecary, where you'll receive a brief educational lesson about botanical medicine and Asheville's history as a health resort.
Afterwards, peruse some of the funky shops around downtown and finish up with more delicious food and craft beers at the Lexington Avenue Brewery. At the end of the tour, your guide can point you in the direction of just about any other activity you can imagine. The tour will end around 3pm.
Pickup & Return:
Ben's Tune Up.
Tour ends on Lexington Avenue, right in the middle of the downtown shopping area.
Departure Times: 11:30am
- Local guide
- Small-group walking tour
Does not include:
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Parking (1st hour is free and $1 for each additional hour)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately