Tony Knowles Coastal Trail Scenic Bike Tour
The Tony Knowles coastal bike trail tour happens in Anchorage where you get close to the water, see the Pacific in all its glory, and have some fun in a place that is often only known for snow. The rocky coasts of this area are some of the most pristine in all of America, and you have every right to come on a tour that lets you breathe in fresh air.
The bike trail ride has a professional rider come along, and they show you the places that you might like to stop and see the sights. This is a wonderful way to enjoy the Alaskan coast, and it gets you out of the city for the day. The city is a wonderful place to be, but it can get too loud.
You might be the sort of person who loves riding bikes, and you are rented a bike that will be perfect for you or your kids. Everyone is given the safety equipment that they need, and they are shown shown an approximate look at the tour map. The tour rides along the coast, loops back, and it ends where it began.
Get your tickets online at a group discount, look to see where the bike trails are, and ask them if they can accommodate you or any special needs that you have.
You are in a unique position to enjoy this city more, to see the Pacific when it is quiet, and to begin a tour that helps you make memories from this vacation.
- Immersive introduction of the city for those who want to get out and see the sights including: Kincaid Park, Point Woronzof, Earthquake Park and Westchester Lagoon
- All inclusive: round trip transportation, bike, helmet, rain gear, snacks and water
- Local guide
- Panoramic views and a chance to see wildlife
- Morning, afternoon and evening departures to suit your schedule
- Small-group ensures a personalized experience
Get off the beaten path and explore Anchorage with a local on this 3 hour tour. Meet your guides at the Log Cabin Visitor Center in Downtown Anchorage and drive 20 minutes to Kincaid Park. Step back in time as you begin your adventure in the wooded hills of the largest municipality park in Anchorage. Travel past WWII missile silos, keep on the look out for moose and possibly get to see Denali all before you even beginning the bike ride! Your guides will fit you for a bike and helmet, then you will hop on a high-quality bike. The group bike ride is at a leisurely pace on Tony Knowles Coastal Trail which is paved and offset from the road. Ride down and meet the Cook Inlet that you will follow for the duration of the ride. Your guide will share natural and human history and of course pause for pictures along the way.
Once out of Kincaid Park you will be at Point Woronzof where there is another chance to see Denali and you will have a 360 degree view of Cook Inlet and the surrounding mountain ranges. Here, the vehicle and driver guide meets the group, providing snacks, water and it is also a hop-on, hop-off point for anyone in the group. Continuing on the group will bike through Earthquake Park where your guide will talk about the 1964 Earthquake and the group will have time to learn about the events as depicted on the information plaques. Continue on down the path and bike towards Anchorage with the skyline now in full view. Pause at Westchester lagoon for a chance to see salmon swimming up stream to spawn depending on the time of year.
Hop off your bike in Downtown Anchorage. After your guide loads up the equipment ask them for recommendations for favorite local spots for lunch or dinner. They can take you straight there or drop you off at your hotel.
Pickup & Return:
All tours meet and depart from the Anchorage Visitor Center Log Cabin located in downtown Anchorage.
Anchorage Visitor Center Log Cabin: 546 W 4th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501.
Departure Times: 9am, 2pm and 7pm: Monday through Sunday
* Please arrive 10 minute prior to departure *
- Bike tour including the following equipment: bike, helmet, rain gear, biking gloves
- Small-group narrated tour
- Round trip transportation in Mercedes Sprinter Van
- Local and experienced driver guide and biking guide
- Bottled water
- Pickup and drop-off from downtown
- All taxes and fees
Does not include:
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Closed toe shoes required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A maximum of 10 people per booking
- All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 11 years