Biking Turnagain Arm and Lunch at Alyeska Tram Tour
You might want to see the whole of the Anchorage area when you come out for vacation, and there are many people who want to take a full day tour that comes with a meal. The tram tour takes you all the way out to the outskirts of the city, and you are stopped for a lunch on the way. The purpose of this tour is to help you see the wilderness of Alaska.
The whole of the Alaskan wilderness is very easy for people to see when they take this tram and stop for lunch. The lunch that people get on this tour gives you a chance to stop and see how the wilderness looks when you stop moving. This is why people on vacation in the area take this trip.
This particular route is a lot of fun because it provides you with many places to take great pictures. It moves at a pace that you can always take pictures, and you should look over the map so that you know where you are going. The tour will take you past mountains, and there are some people who will want to ask the conductor questions that might let them know something more about this place.
There are many different vacationers who come to Anchorage for vacation, and they need to see something spectacular when they come to this location. Talk to the conductor, and ask the conductor about the history of this area.
The tram is the perfect ride for you, and it stops for a meal that will help you feel nourished and warm.
- 12 mile bike ride along the Turngain Arm bike path with a local, experienced guide
- Soak in gorgeous vistas and keep an eye out for wildlife such as beluga whales, moose, bald eagles, bears and dall sheep
- Ascend the Alyeska Tram to 2,300 feet and get a birds eye view of Girdwood while eating lunch
- All inclusive biking trip: round trip transportation, biking equipment, tram ticket, lunch, snacks and water included
- Morning or afternoon departures to suit your schedule
- Small-group ensures a personalized experience
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Let a local lead the way from Anchorage to Girdwood on this 6.5 hour tour. Meet your guides at the Log Cabin Visitor Center in Downtown Anchorage and drive 30 minutes south to Turnagain Arm. Witness to famous sailors in the age of exploration, Turnagain Arm remains enticing to modern day adventurers and provides a dynamic and beautiful place for recreation. At Bird Creek your guides will fit you for a bike and helmet, then you will hop aboard a provided high-quality bike. On your left the mountains rise up and on your right the tides ebb and flow below. On this bike ride you'll have time to soak in the views and take pictures at several scenic view points along the bike path. Learn about the natural and human history of Turnagain Arm from your guide along the way. Keep an eye out for moose, eagles and other wildlife, bike through evidence of the 1964 earthquake and learn about the glaciers hanging on the sides of the Chugach Mountains.
Hop off your bike in Girdwood, an old mining town turned ski town. Your guides will load up the equipment and drive you to the Alyeska Resort Tram. Board the aerial tram that takes you to the top and have lunch with a view at 2,300 feet. Alyeska Resort is home to one of the world's longest double-black diamond ski runs with the slopes averaging a 40 degree angle. Eat lunch with a panoramic view on the deck overlooking the Girdwood Valley, also known as Glacier Valley as it has seven glacier that can be seen from the tram.
Once fueled up, descend on the tram back to the valley floor and load back into the vehicle. Rest and relax on the drive back to Anchorage.
Pickup & Return:
All tours meet and depart from the Anchorage Visitor Center Log Cabin located in downtown Anchorage. 546 W 4th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501.
Anchorage Visitor Center Log Cabin: 546 W 4th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501.
Departure Times: 9am and 1pm: Monday through Sunday
* Please arrive 10 minute prior to departure *
- Bike tour including the following equipment: bike, helmet, rain gear, biking gloves
- Small-group narrated tour
- Round trip transportation in Mercedes Sprinter Van
- Local and experienced driver guide and biking guide
- Alyeska Tram ticket
- Bottled water
- Pickup and drop-off from Anchorage Visitor Log Cabin Downtown (546 W 4th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501)
- All taxes and fees
Does not include:
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase during lunch)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Closed toe shoes required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A maximum of 10 people per booking
- All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking