We fly most days at sunrise, weather permitting. We begin by meeting you at the visitor's center here in town, which is easy to find right on the main road. Once we pick you up there, we will transport you to the launch site where we will inflate the balloon and fly for about an hour. During the summer months, this flight will often be in the Rio Grande Gorge, but we always decide where and when to fly based on what is safest for that particular day. During the flight, depending upon the direction of the winds on flight day, you will have great views of the Taos Mountains, The gorge itself, and beautiful wildlife. We have a chase crew that follows us during the flight and will meet us shortly after landing. After we pack the equipment, we will go the Rio Grande Gorge bridge for a champagne ceremony and a light snack. We always have non-alcoholic alternatives available as well. Each person that flew will receive a commemorative flight certificate to celebrate their adventure.
The whole duration of the event is about 3 ½ hours with the flight portion being about 1 hour.
Pickup & Return:
Taos Visitors Center in the back parking lot.
Departure Times: Departs at sunrise - Please follow instructions on voucher to confirm exact departure time.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Bottled water
Does not include:
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Must contact provider immediately after booking to confirm. Failure to do so will result in cancellation.
- All passenger weights must be advised at time of booking.
- Hotel pick-ups are not available.
- Maximum weight 270 pounds per passenger
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical condition
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Not wheelchair accessible