Albuquerque Balloon Festival Hot Air Balloon Flight
Your breathtaking adventure begins at sunrise when you arrive at the launch site, just four short miles from the festival grounds in time to watch us inflate the balloons. Shortly after the sun rises over the Sandia Mountains, your journey begins. You will be flying with Albuquerque's ORIGINAL balloon operator, with over forty years of experience. Your pilots are some of the best in the world, each will point out landmarks and places of interest all while sharing stories and experiences of their times as balloon pilots. Of course, the highlight of these very special festival flights is sharing the sky with hundreds of balloons launching from Fiesta Park 4 miles away. Be sure to bring your cameras to capture some stunning views and be the envy of friends and family.
Now, during festival flights we operate what is known as a "two hop" schedule. Basically, this means we fly one group of passengers, land and change passengers, then fly the second group of passengers. Each hop will be approximately forty five minutes in duration, have the same stunning views and experiences and all passengers will meet at the same location and time. As the first group of passengers take flight, the second group of passengers will join our "chase" crew and will follow the balloon to their landing site, which will then become the launch site for the second group of adventurers.
After your flight, with your feet safely back on mother earth, our chase crew will be there to greet you and return you to the launch site where we will help you celebrate your voyage with the traditional champagne (or sparkling cider) toast, light snack, commemorative flight certificate suitable for framing, and memories to last a lifetime.
*Please note: Just to be clear, we DO NOT launch from Fiesta field and are not part of the event. We do feel though you will have the same if not better views than those that do fly from the field. Launching offsite means same amazing flight but less traffic jams, fewer crowds, no parking fees and a later start time. This is the same launch site we use year round.
Pickup & Return:
Behind the Village Inn
Departure Times: Meet at sunrise
All flight times are approximate and subject to change due to weather conditions and weight restrictions.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hot air balloon flight
- Glass of Champagne
- Light refreshments
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Commemorative flight certificate
Does not include:
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- YOU MUST CONTACT SUPPLIER IMMEDIATELY AFTER BOOKING, IF YOU DO NOT YOU MAY NOT ACTUALLY HAVE A RESERVATION AS WE MAY NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FROM YOU
- Email Address required to complete booking
- Phone number is required to complete booking
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- Maximum weight per passenger of 270 pounds
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Dress for the weather, no open toe shoes.