The Capitol Building in Williamsburg, VA
The capitol point is easily recognized as one gets near the building. It's exterior carries an earthly, weathered look that denotes age, history and possibly wisdom within its walls. This building has become a popular tourist site for visitors of all ages and interests, come to learn of the Capitol's role in Virginian colonial government and in the American Revolution.
Last used as a capitol on December 24, 1779 for the General Assembly, the capitol was moved to Richmond. Afterwards it was used for several purposes, including an admiralty court, a law school, a military hospital, a grammar school, and a female academy. Having been burned and damaged several times, the building was reconstructed and refurnished in the 18the century into what it is today. This tall brick building stands today as a symbol and teacher of the past and can be enjoyed by any visitor to the great city.