SeaWorld San Antonio
Discover the fascinating marine life of SeaWorld San Antonio, where thrilling rides, exciting adventures and enchanting face-to-face encounters with some of the world’s most amazing creatures are always right around the corner.
Appropriate for All Ages
Cameras are Permitted
Gift Shop On-site
Dive into this incredible underwater kingdom located in San Antonio, Texas. Once inside, you’ll find the perfect blend of amusement park fun and wildlife exploration. Stop by the popular Dolphin Cove and say hello to a lively pod of Atlantic bottlenose dolphins, or venture into the Penguin Encounter exhibit where more than 100 different kinds of penguins dive, swim, and play. Adrenaline junkies can head straight to The Great White to test their limits with the 360-degree loops and flips on this exhilarating coaster that races around the track at nearly 50 miles per hour!
But the fun doesn’t stop there. Animal lovers everywhere will love the backstage tours that provide unbelievable up close and personal interaction with some of the most amazing creatures of the sea. Feed an Atlantic bottlenose dolphin, reach out and touch a penguin, or make friends with a sea lion. The opportunities at SeaWorld San Antonio are endless!
In addition to the interactive exhibits, backstage tours, delicious eateries, and exciting rides, SeaWorld also offers breathtaking shows featuring majestic saltwater creatures like beluga whales, killer whales, Pacific white-sided dolphins, sea lions, and more! Not only will you be amazed at what these awe-inspiring animals can do, but you’ll also have the opportunity to learn all about life underneath the ocean. And remember, these animals are large so you can expect lots of big splashes throughout each show!
Of course, SeaWorld also provides visitors with a variety of dining options such as Shamu’s Smokehouse, the Sea Star Market & Café, the Rio Grille, and many more! A diverse assortment of sweets are also available at Polar Parlor, Azul Treats, or Shamu Soft Serve so you never have to worry about going hungry.
From exhilarating rides and interactive exhibits, to exciting shows filled with the colors and exotic animals of the sea, it’s safe to say that a visit to SeaWorld San Antonio will always result in the adventure of a lifetime.
History of Shamu
The original SeaWorld orca whale show took place in 1965 and the very first Shamu was a female orca named Kalina. She was the first orca whale to survive more than 13 months in captivity. Today, the name “Shamu” is used by SeaWorld employees to refer to every adult whale in each show at the different parks. SeaWorld has produced more than 15 original shows featuring Shamu since 1965.
Rides at SeaWorld San Antonio
- The Great White: The most thrilling ride in the park, this coaster brags 360-degree flips and an incredible speed of 50 mph.
- Steel Eel: This hypercoaster challenges riders to a stomach-flipping drop of 15 stories.
- Journey to Atlantis: Combine the gigantic splashes of a water ride and the heart-pumping thrills of a roller coaster for an experience that’s simply the best of both worlds.
- Rio Loco: Big splashes and a crazy river make for one exciting ride in a circular raft.
- Shamu Express: Created with the kiddos in mind, this coaster provides little riders with the perfect amount of speed, curves, and excitement.
- Pets Ahoy: The kids will love this comedy featuring some very talented land animals like dogs, cats, pot-belly pigs, and more.
- One Ocean: Both fun and educational, One Ocean culminates in the famous story of Shamu and the majesty of the stunning marine landscape while showcasing the remarkably vivid colors of the world beneath the ocean. This inspiring show is truly an incredible sight to see.
- Azul: This show is a beautiful display of the ocean’s wildlife harmony featuring Pacific white-sided dolphins, the majestic beluga whale, brightly-colored birds, and talented acrobats.
- Clyde & Seamore’s Sea Lion High: A new show to 2015, this comedy is full of mind-blowing animals, fun audience interaction, and high-energy performances from playful sea lions and otters.
- A Beluga Story: Learn all about the species of beluga whales and Pacific white-sided dolphins.
- Dolphin Cove: Get up close and personal with SeaWorld’s pod of Pacific white-sided dolphins.
- Penguin Encounter: Meet these cute, playful creatures and watch as they dive, swim, and play on the ice-covered cliffs.
- Pacific Point Preserve: Opening in the spring of 2015, this coastal town provides visitors with up close views of incredible marine wildlife and a brand new, exciting show.
- Sharks/Coral Reef: Enter this 700,000 gallon shark-filled territory and encounter some of the prehistoric hunters of the ocean. Continue on next door where you’ll find a beautiful coral reef overflowing with exotic, colorful fish.
- Flamingo Cove: Gaze at the bright pink feathers of this real flock of flamingos.
- Alligator Alley: Dare to enter the domain of these ancient predators as they silently float through the waters.
- Rio Grille: Enjoy grilled favorites like burgers and hotdogs alongside sandwiches and salads at this casual, family-friendly eatery.
- Sea Star Market & Café: This unique open-air market provides guests with a fantastic shopping experience while they munch tasty light lunch options like wraps, salads, and sandwiches.
- Shamu’s Smokehouse: Head to the smokehouse for mouthwatering, tender barbecue that falls off the bone.
- Rosita’s Café: This restaurant has something for everyone with a variety of pastas, pizzas, salads, and fruits.
- Sweet Treats Bakery: Choose from freshly baked cakes, candies, and fudge for a satisfying desert experience.
- Snack Attack: Pick up a quick snack like cotton candy, a waffle cone, frozen lemonade, or a root beer float.
- Azul Treats: Grab a delicious pizza, turkey leg, or some sweet cotton candy. The frosted lemonade is one treat you just have to try!
- Polar Parlor: Indulge in your favorite ice cream, sundae, or root beer float at the Polar Parlor.
- Ice Cream Parlor: Pick from a variety of delicious ice cream flavors or pick up a salty snack like nachos or chips.
- Shamu Soft Serve: Ice cream lovers beware because you’ll find everything you want here. From root beer floats to creamy ice cream cones, you’ll definitely satisfy that sweet tooth.
So bring the family and visit SeaWorld San Antonio for an exciting, educational experience you won't forget!
|SeaWorld Two Days For Price of 1 Day Ticket|
|Available Now until 9/27/2015 View Detailed Schedule|
Prices: Ages 10 and Up: $64.95 , Ages 3-9: $54.13 , Ages 0-2: $0.00 View Details
|Includes admission to SeaWorld San Antonio for two days within 14 consecutive days from the date of first use. Take your time as you explore the park and its entertainment features, as there's no rush when you have two whole days to have fun at the park!|
Saturday, 3/7/2015 - Sunday, 3/15/2015Location: Spring Break
Discover the fascinating marine life of SeaWorld in San Antonio, TX this Spring Break where thrilling rides, exciting adventures and enchanting face-to-face encounters with some of the world’s most amazing creatures are always right around the corner.
Thursday, 12/31/2015 - Friday, 1/1/2016Location: New Year's Eve Twilight Party At SeaWorld San Antonio
Ring in the New Year with your family at SeaWorld's brilliant shows, rides, and exhibits during the New Year's Eve Twilight Party.