Featuring over 50 rides ranging from thrilling to family, there's more than enough to keep you entertained during your next DC vacation at Six Flags America!
Appropriate for All Ages
Both Cameras and Video Cameras are Permitted
Restaurant and Gift Shop On-site
From the aptly-named Superman: Ride of Steel, which hurtles you up and down twenty stories, to the Mind Eraser which is also one of the first inverted looping coasters ever built, you're sure to be spoilt for choice, and then some! And if jettisoning through endless feet of nothingness isn't quite your style, there are also the more tepid Ferris wheel and Carousel.
Balmy summer afternoons are that much more exciting when you spend them splashing around in the Hurricane Harbor. Water babies of all ages can skim the waves at Hurricane Bay, be flung down a sinuous water slide and or even swirl down a six-story tornado, weather permitting. And if old-fashioned celluloid is more like it, don't forget the Looney Tunes Movie Town, where you can explore the skies in mini-airplanes, spin around in oversized teacups, or even soar away on a hot-air balloon ride. And if all that excitement works up an appetite, treat yourself to a quick snack at the Hollywood Café, a more elaborate spread of ribs, BBQ sandwiches, and salad, or simply cool down with a large cup of ice-cream at the Ice House.
Located right inside of Six Flags America, Hurricane Harbor is your ideal way to break the heat this summer.
Thrill Rides at Six Flags
- Batwing - Blast through 3,340 ft of track at 50 mph and have the time of your life doing it. 54' Height Requirement
- Superman: Ride of Steel - Shoot up 20 stories at 75 mph, then take a plunge of 200 feet straight toward the ground. 54' Height Requirement
- The Joker's Jinx - With 30 vertical and 25 horizontal curves, and 4 completely upside-down loops, the Joker's Jinx is one of the most adrenaline pumping rides in the country. 54' Height Requirement
- Two-Face: The Flipside - Take off at breakneck speeds and zoom through one of the most intense rides of your life. Ride through a 72 ft inverted loop, speeds up to 60 mph, four upside-down loops, and a corkscrew and then get ready to do it all over again...backwards. 54' Height Requirement
- ROAR - This wooden roller coaster opens with a 10 story drop--and that's only the beginning. 48' Height Requirement
- The Mind Eraser - Have an adventure with one of the first inverted roller coasters ever built. 52' Height Requirement
- The Wild One - A classic wooden roller coaster. 48' Height Requirement
- Tower of Doom - Take a 140 foot free fall from the top of the Tower of Doom. 48' Height Requirement
Family Rides at Six Flags America
- The Penguin's Blizzard River - Shoot the rapids and come face to face with one of Batman's arch nemesis The Penguin, who has plans for you and your family.36' Height Requirement with Adult
- Around the World in 80 Days - Enjoy a unique view of the park while riding this classic Ferris wheel. No Height Requirement with Adult
- Coyote Creek Crazy Cars - Classic bumper cars. 48' Height Requirement
- Cyclone - Spinning gondola ride. 36' Height Requirement
- Falling Star - Be elevated on a rotating platform. 42' Height Requirement
- Flying Carousel - Kids will love this entertaining swing ride. 48' Height requirement
- Great Race Antique Cars - See what it was like to drive one of these classic cars. 48' Height Requirement
- High Seas - Swinging pirate ship/pendulum ride. 48' Height Requirement
- Pirate's Flight - Fly outward and upward in suspended pirate boats. 42' Height Requirement
- Renegade Rapids - Whitewater rafting adventure ride. 42' Height Requirement
- Riddle Me This - Spin around and around while standing up. 48' Height Requirement
- Shipwreck Falls - Variation on the classic log flume concept. 42' Height Requirement
- Skull Mountain - Speed through a dark tunnel, then spin backwards down a camel-hump chute. 46' Height Requirement
- Tea Cups - Classic over-sized tea cup ride. 48' Height Requirement
- The Octopus - Classic 'dangling from a tentacle' octopus ride. 51' Height Requirement
- The Rodeo - The Rodeo is a wicked, spinning. twisting, high-speed ride. No single riders. 51' Height Requirement with Adult
Kids Rides at Six Flags America
- Bugs Bunny's Back Lot Trucking Company - Join a group of trucks at the Movie Town Back Lot. 36' Height Requirement
- Daffy's Movie Town Tours - Join Daffy Duck for a tour of Movie Town. 36' Height Requirement
- Elmer's 'Around the World in 80 Seconds' - Take the scenic route in a hot-air balloon that flies by some of the most famous sites in the world. 36' Height Requirement
- Foghorn Leghorn Tinsel Town Train - Train ride, making all express stops to Tinsel Town. 36' Height Requirement
- Looney Tunes Prop Warehouse - Soft play area and climbing complex. 36' Height Requirement
- PePe LePew's Tea Party - Teacup ride. 36' Height Requirement
- Sylvester's Bounce and Pounce - Miniature launch and drop ride. 36' Height Requirement
- Taz's Film Works - Swing ride. 36' Height Requirement
- The Great Chase - Family-friendly roller coaster. 42' Height Requirement
- Yosemite Sam's Hollywood Flight School - Take to the skies in mini jet airplanes. No Height Requirement with Adult
Waterpark Rides at Hurricane Harbor
- Bahama Blast - Fast-paced inner tube action. 48' Height Requirement
- Bamboo Chutes - Smaller, calmer versions of the park's larger water slides. 54' Height Requirement
- Calypso Cannonballs - Easy-paced water slide. 48' Height Requirement
- Castaway Creek - Float leisurely around this lazy river. 36' Height Requirement
- Crocodile Cal's Caribbean Beach House - Five story interactive water treehouse. 42' Height Requirement
- Hammerhead - Slide down this enclosed water slide--in complete darkness. 48' Height Requirement
- Hurricane Bay - One of the largest wave pools in the country. No Height Requirement
- Hurricane Mountain - Take one of four slides down this half-mile of wicked, winding water. 48' Height Requirement
- Mako - High-speed water slide. 48' Height Requirement
- Paradise Plunge/Reef Runner - Navigate your inner tube through both open and enclosed areas and breakneck speeds. 48' Height Requirement
- Tony Hawk's Half-Pipe - A water slide shaped like a skateboarding half-pipe. 48' Height Requirement
- Tornado - A six story water funnel. 48' Height Requirement
- Vortex/Riptide - Thrilling, 360-degree body slides. 48' Height Requirement
Friday, 4/24/2015 - Friday, 6/26/2015Location: Six Flags America
On weekdays from April 1 to 7, reward your students with the chance to get out of the stuffy classroom and head to Six Flags America for a learning experience unlike any other.
Friday, 5/29/2015Location: Grad Days at Six Flags America
Visitors can plan on taking all of their fellow classmates out to Grad Days at Six Flags America, which provides a full lineup of great shows and activities for students to participate in.
Monday, 6/8/2015 - Saturday, 8/1/2015Location: Camp Days at Six Flags America
Six Flags America hosts a festival called Camp Days each summer.
Saturday, 6/20/2015 - Sunday, 6/21/2015Location: Six Flags America
Reward your troop's hard work and dedication with a visit to Six Flags America, now celebrating the Girl Scouts' 100th anniversary.
Saturday, 7/4/2015Location: 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular
Traditionally, the Fourth of July gets good just as darkness falls, but at Six Flags America in Washington DC, the fun lasts from daybreak to the spectacular, fire-cracking evening.
Saturday, 9/26/2015 - Sunday, 11/1/2015Location: Fright Fest at Six Flags America
Ghouls and Ghosts will haunt the park this October, chilling and thrilling in varying degrees of scare-tastic frights.