The Top 5 Family Friendly Winter Activities in Branson, MO
Spending time in Branson, MO is definitely time well spent. Taking your family on a winter jaunt to the "Live Show Capital of the World" will thrill your children and give you and your family some well deserved fun and relaxation. Here is my list of the top five family friendly winter attractions in Branson. Shows, theme parks, and more are all available in Branson, so don't stop at this list, browse the rest of the website for dozens more great Branson attractions.
5. Talking Rocks Cavern- Escape the winter weather and head underground at the Talking Rocks Cavern. With tours, mini golf, a rock shop, and gemstone mining, this is a great place to go on a warm winter's day. Learn about the geologic history of the Ozarks and see all of the critters that call the caves home.
4. Jordan Valley Ice Park- Just a short drive north of Branson, in Springfield, MO is the Jordan Valley Ice Park, a wonderful place for family hijinks. Grab your skates and spend a day learning how to figure skate. Perhaps someone in your family is a hockey fan, making this a great place to visit during a Missouri State Bears ice hockey game. So whether you are taking in a show, or slipping around on the ice yourself, this destination is a wonderful place for a family to bond and be together.
3. Silver Dollar City- It may be cold outside, but that is no reason to miss the amazement that is Silver Dollar City. With street performers, roller coasters, tons of great places to eat, and a 19th century charm, this theme park offers great fun for adults and children alike. During the winter some of the rides are closed, but the shows and other attractions are up and running. See a Saloon Show, take a ride on a steam train, or go underground and explore Marvel Cave. The adventures are endless at Silver Dollar City, no matter what the season.
2. Acrobats of China- The New Shanghai Circus is having an amazing run in Branson. This popular show delights viewers with the death defying stunts and acrobatic tricks. See more than 40 performers contort their bodies, perform aerial ballet, walk a trapeze, and much, much more. This show has been named "Best Show of the Year" and is a great show for all ages!
1. Yakov Smirnoff Show- See the two time "Comedian of the Year" live and in person. Yakov brings his hilarious Russian sense of humor to Branson with a show stopping performance that will have you rolling with laughter. Singing, dancing, and of course, comedy, abound during this enthralling show. Yakov and his host of cohorts, including the hilarious Slim Chance, will have adults and children alike begging for more.
Well, there you have it folks, a veritable smorgasbord of things to do in Branson. Just remember that this is only a little nibble of the literally hundreds of things to do in the Midwestern Extravaganza that is known as Branson, MO.