Helpful Anaheim Vacation Info
Book by Phone:
Anaheim is located approximately 30 miles south of downtown Los Angeles and 90 miles north of San Diego. Its central location makes it an excellent place to base a Southern California vacation. The county itself spans over 700 square miles of some of the best known and exciting sights in California.
Anaheim is a city with rich history as a farming community and area of fine wine-producers. Today, Anaheim continues to be an integral part of the west coast, with its citrus production, many family attractions, beautiful scenery and plenty of shopping and dining options.
Anaheim City Info
- Tenth largest city in CA
- Land Area: 50.37 sq. miles
- Parks in Orange County: 547
- Number of radio stations: 8 AM; 11 FM
- Number of television stations: 20
- Elevation: 137 feet
Anaheim Weather and Climate:
- Average daily temperature — 70° F
- Average annual rainfall — 7.8"
Distances to other Metropolitan Areas from Anaheim:
- Atlanta, GA — 2,177 miles
- Charleston, SC — 2,497 miles
- Chicago, IL — 2,015 miles
- Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX — 1,422 miles
- Detroit, MI — 2,283 miles
- Indianapolis, IN — 2,065 miles
- New York, NY — 2,777 miles
- Las Vegas, NV — 266 miles
- Los Angeles, CA — 26 miles
- Memphis, TN — 1,791 miles
- Miami, FL — 2,725 miles
- New Orleans, LA — 1,882 miles
- Phoenix, AZ — 357 miles
- Seattle, WA — 1,163 miles
- Washington D.C. — 2,652 miles
Anaheim Safety Phone # and Major Hospitals:
- Ambulance: 911; Police: 911; Fire: 911
- Anaheim General Hospital — Address: 3350 West Ball Rd. 92804; Telephone: 714-827-6700
- Anaheim Memorial Hospital — Address: 111 W. La Palma Ave., 92801; Telephone: 714-774-1450
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital — Address: 441 North Lakeview Ave. 92807; Telephone: 714-279-4107
- West Anaheim Medical Center — Address: 3033 W. Orange Ave. 92804; Telephone: 714-827-3500
Anaheim Top Tourism Draws and Seasons:
- Disney's California Adventure
- Arrowhead Pond
- Anaheim Angels at Edison Field
- House of Blues
- The Sun Theatre
- Anaheim Convention Center
- Knotts Berry Farm Family Theme Park
- Aquarium of the Pacific
- Cinco de Mayo — May
- Greek Festival — May
- Halloween Festival — October
- Nutcracker Festival — December
Anaheim Major Shopping Areas:
- Anaheim Indoor Marketplace — 1440 South Anaheim Blvd......
- Antique Historic District/Old Towne Orange — Chapman & Glassell Streets
- Asian Garden Mall — 9039 Bolso Avenue
- The Block at Orange — 20 City Blvd......
- East Anaheim Shopping Center — 2180 E. Lincoln Ave.
- Anaheim Plaza Shopping Center — 530 North Euclid
Anaheim Major Dining Areas:
- Antique District/Old Towne Orange — Chapman & Glassell Streets
- Asian Garden Mall — 9039 Bolsa Ave.
- Downtown Disney — South Disneyland Dr.
Anaheim Famous Landmarks & Historic Places:
- The Mother Colony House
- North Gate of the City of Anaheim
- Peralta Adobe
- Site of San Pedro Gate
- Richard Nixon Library and Birthplace
Anaheim Famous Natives and Residents:
- President Richard Nixon (Birthplace)
- Singer Gwen Stefani (Birthplace)
- Character Mickey Mouse (Resident)
Notable Moments in Anaheim History:
- 1857 — Settled by German farmers and vintners; population 881
- 1887 — Santa Fe Depot built; provided a mode of shipping for citrus growers to eastward markets.
- 1881 — Incorporated.
- 1924 — First Annual Halloween Parade; drew up to 150,000 people, known as the "Greatest Night Pageant West of Mardi Gras"
- 1955 — July 17: Disneyland opens.
- 1966 — Angels Baseball team first season in Anaheim.
Interesting facts about Anaheim:
- Anaheim's name means: "Home by the river," from "ana," referring to the nearby Santa Ana River, and "heim," German for "home."
- Adele, Alberta, Claudina, Emily, Mavis, Paulina, Sabrina, and Whilhelmina Streets are all named for early Anaheim pioneer women.
Anaheim Population and Demographics:
- City of Anaheim Population — 328,014 (as of the 2000 census)
- White — 117,607 (36%)
- Black — 7939 (2%)
- Asian — 38,919 (12%)
- Hispanic/Latino — 153,374 (47%)
- Other race, or two or more races — 10,175 (3%)
- Population 18 and under — 30%%
- 65 and over — 8.2%
- Median age — 30 years
- Average household size — 3.75
- Median family income - $49,969
Anaheim Colleges and Universities:
- Hope University Unico National College
- American States College
- Trinity College of Graduate Studies
- North Orange County Community College
- American College of Law
- ITT Technical Institute: Anaheim
- Fullerton College
Anaheim Economy & Business — Notable Employers and Industries:
- Boeing North America
- Kaiser Permanente Foundation
- Anaheim Hilton & Towers
- Anaheim Memorial Hospital
- Anaheim Marriott Hotel
- Interstate Electrical Corporation
- Top Industries: Manufacturing, Education, Arts, Health, Social Services, Retail Trade, Recreation, Arts and Accommodation
Anaheim Hispanic Community Media and Churches:
- Vida Nueva — Hispanic Newspaper
- Union Hispana — Hispanic Newspaper
- LatinReporter.com — Local online services
- Contacto Magazine — Burbank, CA, magazine
- Hispanic Lifestyle Magazine — Riverside, CA, magazine
- Hispanic Today — Sherman Oaks, CA, magazine
- Latin Style Magazine — Venice, CA, magazine
- Radio Nueva Vida Network — Radio Network
- KVEA Telemundo 52 — TV Channel
- KMEX Univision 34 — TV Channel
- Primero Iglesia Bautists Hispana — 1749 W. Orange Ave, Anaheim 92804
- Iglesia Bautista Hispana de Santa Ana — 1010 W. 17th, Santa Ana 92706
- Hispanic Fellowship — 7702 Westminster Rd., Westminster 92683